Need advice to choose the apt certificate

nb19nb19 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Please guide me for choosing the suitable certificate.

I am working as a quality analyst cum auditor in an IT organization. I have 4 years of experience in mentoring processes for Agile testing, IT services and Development projects. I am certified in ITIL foundation and ISO 9011:2015 Auditor. Also, i have experience in ISO & CMMi implementation & appraisal. But i am not satisfied with my work profile and want to enhance my skills further.

Recently, i came across CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) and CISA (Certified Information Security Auditor). Kindly suggest the one apt for me.

Thank You

Comments

• Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have you decided on a career path you want to pursue? If so, get the certification that is most applicable or geared towards that.

This is not meant to discourage you in any manner and I respect all the CIAs out there, but I know a few people who took and passed the CIA exam and ended up pursuing a different career.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • nb19nb19 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Actually, you made a valid point. As of now, i am quite confused in choosing the career path. I don't want to pursue my career in quality. So i am looking for multiple options which I can relate to.

As i have got 4 years of experience, it won't be easy for me to switch my role. But i think if I undergo any certification, probably that would help me a lot. I considered CIA because I have an interest in financial risk & governance audits. Though i am not sure about the eligibility.

CISA is also good only if i won't have to deep dive into the technicalities of the IS. Please advice.

Thanks