CHFI v9 (30 Mar 18)

spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
I took and passed the CHFIv9 exam today.

I took a five-day boot camp.

We never performed any of the lab exercises due to the class time constraints.

I saw another thread whereby the thread starter was asking for the test ****.

My instructor was pushing us to review some practice exams he had.

He kept reiterating that they were spot on.

Got to the exam and the delta between the review questions and the exam was probably 75%.

I wasnt confident when I hit the submit button and probably just eked out with a pass.

i took a CEH course through the same vendor. And that class instructor did a great job of reviewing key concepts, tools and terms everyday. On the last day, he performed a comprehensive review for about 90 minutes on the white board. It was great and helped boost my confidence going into the actual exam.

Comments

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sounds sleazy.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you take the bootcamp? I can't find this cert listed anywhere as a DoD baseline and the only job posting hits I can see are from Booz Allen and Leidos, who both seem to find this cert arousing.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I didn’t take it for a resume hit. I want to pursue the IA MS at WGU. My job was willing to pay for the class, so it cut back on the time for the degree.

To be honest, I would recommend someone pursue the SANS Forensics cert since the training itself is quality.
  • tmotatmota Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took and passed the CHFIv9 exam today.

I took a five-day boot camp.

We never performed any of the lab exercises due to the class time constraints.

I saw another thread whereby the thread starter was asking for the test ****.

My instructor was pushing us to review some practice exams he had.

He kept reiterating that they were spot on.

Got to the exam and the delta between the review questions and the exam was probably 75%.

I wasnt confident when I hit the submit button and probably just eked out with a pass.

i took a CEH course through the same vendor. And that class instructor did a great job of reviewing key concepts, tools and terms everyday. On the last day, he performed a comprehensive review for about 90 minutes on the white board. It was great and helped boost my confidence going into the actual exam.

After the CEH course, how long did you take studying for the exam?
    You felt ready for the exam after the course?
  • Java711Java711 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,
    Do you have any recommendations on practice questions to use for version 9? I have been using practice tests for version 8 and I keep hearing that they are completely different than the questions in version 9. I've even purchased practice exams for version 9 and they are the exact same as version 8. I wasn't needing this certificate its just required for my graduate program so I have no choice but to take it.

Please help. Thank you.
  • buffguytvbuffguytv Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    was your instructors name jon from leaderquest? Hes been pushin practice questions as us as well.
  • jhonsteve83jhonsteve83 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello, Please can you send me the questionnaires to get ready for CHFIv9 too. I need to pass this exam to get credit for my WGU class.
    Thank you for your help.
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sorry, I haven’t responded to questions.

tmota, I took a CEH boot camp. I took the exam on the last day of class. The instructor gave a pretty good review and I’ve got a decent Cybersecurity background.

Buffguytv, I have a bad memory but his name wasn’t John. I just think boot camps are a losing proposition. You can teach to learn or teach to pass a test. Very difficult to do both in a small window of time.
  • GatsuGatsu Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am in the Masters Program at WGU in my last semester.. I took the CHFI last month and got a 60%, and just took it again this morning and got a 63%... I have read all of the material provided by WGU, purchased and did the Udemy course from Ken, wrote out about 300+ flash cards, and reviewed multiple other sources for this exam... I feel a bit at my wits end... I have never had this much trouble with certification exams.. (I have over 20 certs now). I even felt quite a bit better with the exam I got this morning, but the results proved otherwise. Any advice from the members on the forum would be helpful!
  • KenobyteKenobyte Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is the CHFI required for MS at WGU? You have so many certs why get another in something that seems like its encompassed in other certs you already have?
  • Danbert1.0Danbert1.0 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It is required for the MS at WGU. I took it the other day and got about the same score (60%). I am looking for additional study materials as well.