Need advice on purchasing Flash/dram.

navfettnavfett Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Guys i need to get some new flash/dram, i already have sticks of 32 meg dram in my 4 2600s but need to upgrade the flash to be at least 16 megs each. I also have 3 2500s that i am in the process of upgrading. Usually i go on ebay and find the deals. I have a seller from whom i purchase my cables but his memory is expensive besides hes based out of the US, i wont say their name since i am not trying to make a pitch for them. I did find a seller on ebay who is selling 16 megs of flash ( 2600 series ) for 22.99. 5.99 per 16 meg dram, 25.99/16 meg flash ( 2500).

So anyone know or can advise of another seller that might have these prices beat? I was trying to get a deal from the seller on ebay but they arent to keen on that. Just wanted to ask if not i will have to suck it up & purchase from them.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I just ordered some memory for two 2501s and wasn't able to find anything as cheap as the ones you mention so I think you found a good deal. Though it's only a couple of dollars so the shipping can make a big difference.
    navfett wrote:
    I have a seller from whom i purchase my cables but his memory is expensive besides hes based out of the US, i wont say their name since i am not trying to make a pitch for them.
    I appreciate that but I'm going to make a guess: is it Anthony Panda? If not, are they even cheaper?
  • navfettnavfett Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Johan. thx for the reply. The memory i found on ebay was through a seller named ssmemory. I have bought from him in the past, it took him a couple of weeks plus a phone call from me to ask when he would send me my memory to get the ones that i bought from him last. This time since i was placing a larger order, around $ 300, i thought i would ask for a discount, well he wasnt to keen on it. So i am looking for someone else, worse comes to worse i will buy from him.

The cables i have bought from AP, hes a good guy, i even sent him some cables back that i got which were wrong & he took them back. I think hes good on the cost for cables but not the memory. Hope this helps. Btw i dont like to be a pitch man for others thats why i sent you the PM. IF you want me to share this then i can post it in the regular forum.

~~ navfett.
  • HELLZxPHADERHELLZxPHADER Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I dont mean to be mean but for todays ccie lab, consider getting rid of all 2500 and non xm 2600 stuff. Sell the 2600 max with slots filled and try to obtain 2600xm routers for cheap, also if your pc up to date and you have 1-2 gigs of ram then look into dynamips too.