CBT Nuggets vs ITPro.TV

mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
I currently am subscribed to ITPro.TV I think because I wanted to practice with Transcender for a previous cert. A lot of people suggest CBT Nuggets and was wondering is their content better? What do you prefer?

Comments

• Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I guess it would really depend on the course and/or the instructor. Is there a particular course that you are looking into?
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well I now have to get a Microsoft cert for work and saw the 70-698 course was only 10 hours compared to ITPro which 19. Eventually want to get CySA+ as well and the course is 6 hours compared to ITPro 16 hours.
  • mnashemnashe Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I like the concept behind ITPro but sometimes it's just annoying to watch. I'd request a trial before buying

What about Pluralsight?
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used ITPro for Security+ (cover like a 80% of the objectives) and didn't used for CCNA Cyber Ops (all of the videos was labs based and just a little theory). With ITPro TV will depend about the course...if the material is new or is and old cert.CBT Nuggets are more straight forward to the topic.
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
    that's exactly why I signed up for ITPro...it was for the Security+
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I love cbt nuggets, I've used them extensively and Keith Barker helped me get the CISSP.

ITProTV is cool, but their videos are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. I'm more prone to watch 6 ten minute videos than one 30 minute video, so it just wasn't for me.
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have a subscription to ITProTV now and I haven't used CBT Nuggets, so I can't compare the two. I got it because of Transcender too, but now that it sold to Kaplan I don't think the practice tests are as hard. That to me is a concern. I ordered Boson so I could compare the test questions to Kaplan. If there's a big difference I may just cancel ITPro. It's been good but now I have other options for training through work.
  • cemen777cemen777 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    "I've used them extensively and Keith Barker helped me get the CISSP". Give me a break, no offense. You got general idea of CISSP indeed but you would never ever pass CISSP exam w/o additional resources.
    CBT Nuggets is just OK if you r looking for general idea/topic. CBT Nuggets will not prepare you to pass on any exams.
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cemen777 wrote: »
    "I've used them extensively and Keith Barker helped me get the CISSP". Give me a break, no offense. You got general idea of CISSP indeed but you would never ever pass CISSP exam w/o additional resources.
    CBT Nuggets is just OK if you r looking for general idea/topic. CBT Nuggets will not prepare you to pass on any exams.

who said anything about no additional resources. I said helped. It was one of my main study tools, and the one I found most beneficial personally. And I've passed several exams utilizing them solely. I appreciate your insight on to my personal history though.
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mizterkewl wrote: »
    I currently am subscribed to ITPro.TV I think because I wanted to practice with Transcender for a previous cert. A lot of people suggest CBT Nuggets and was wondering is their content better? What do you prefer?

I like both CBT Nuggets and IT pro TV. I prefer IT pro tv, because you can see the instructors when you're watching the videos. Also, I like the instructors personalities.

The one thing I really liked about CBT Nuggets is there is a lab that goes along with each video. You finish a video, and then you can do a lab.

It pro tv seems to have more updated content when compared to CBT Nuggets.

IT pro did update their Windows 10 courses. I think the new Windows 10 courses they did lines up more with the newer updated Windows 10 exam objectives.

MCSA Windows 10 - 70-697
    Configuring Windows Devices - 70-697
    21 hours

MCSA Windows 10 - 70-697 (UPDATED 201icon_cool.gif
    Configuring Windows Devices - 70-697
    24 hours

MCSA Windows 10 - 70-698
    Installing and Configuring Windows 10 - 70-698
    16 hours

MCSA Windows 10 - 70-698 (UPDATED 201icon_cool.gif
    Installing and Configuring Windows 10 - 70-698
    19 hours
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am an happy Pluralsight subscriber, however sometime I would like to add a ITPro.tv subscription as they are more "living".
  • johnnyarksjohnnyarks Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm using both for CCNP, I found CBT pretty good for CCNA but for CCNP it's severely lacking. I'm only on the Route series so far but ITPROtv covers the exam topics verbatim. Only thing I don't like about ITPROtv is that they have 2 hosts and Ronnie Wong is pretty terrible at everything.