What other certs to study for on the train

CyberCop123CyberCop123 Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
I may soon be commuting to London almost everyday for a new job. This involves a train which takes exactly 60 minutes.

I'm part way through CISSP and will use this time to watch videos and read. Try to study and learn.

What other certifications do you think I could do other than CISSP? Obviously things like MCSA isn't practical really as it's best to practice with a VM next to a video or a book.

My other ideas were potentially doing an MSc in IT, Cyber Security or Digital Forensics. Something like this.

Anyway, any thoughts?

Thanks
My Aims
2017: OSCP -
COMPLETED
2018: CISSP -
COMPLETED
2019: GIAC GNFA - Advanced Network Forensics & Threat Hunting -
COMPLETED
           GIAC GREM - Reverse Engineering of Malware -
COMPLETED

2021: CCSP
2022: OSWE (hopefully)

Comments

• Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What is your job, what do you do? What do you want to do? That should answer your question more than random cert suggestions.
  • CyberCop123CyberCop123 Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    What is your job, what do you do? What do you want to do? That should answer your question more than random cert suggestions.

The new job is Incident response, digital forensics and some malware analysis.

It's a bit of blend of all three areas
    My Aims
    COMPLETED
    COMPLETED
    COMPLETED
    COMPLETED

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Is a laptop usable on the train? IIRC CBT nuggets and I think some Udemy allow downloading offline videos. You can pack a lot of VMs onto a 256GB drive.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • CyberCop123CyberCop123 Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's not really that easy to use a laptop. Id probably be using an iPad mini. That's why videos is good as doing anything more practical is difficult.

Especially if I can't get a seat on the journey home
    My Aims
    COMPLETED
    COMPLETED
    COMPLETED
    COMPLETED

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you are looking at cert with a more theorical nature, I would suggest CISA, ITIL, CCSP. However, it all depend on your future job. Perhaps a vendor certification for a product you use at your new job would be more beneficial for you. Look for the specialized product you use and look if there is a certification program for them.