How much Linux is on CASP 002?

mbeffingermbeffinger Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm scheduled to take the exam in 2 weeks. Been using Abernathy, Cybrary and various labs. Have only come across a handfull of mentions of Linux on exam. Two co-workers who've taken it (1 passed 1 didn't) have told me otherwise.

One has told me he had at least 5 multiple choice questions. The other told me he had a LAB based on Linux.

I know the basics (a few commands and definitions of kernals). Something tells me I should expect more on the exam....(?)

If so, any advise on good Linux labs? Want to be a "ready as possible".

Thanks all!

Comments

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would breeze back over the CASP objectives & see what Linux info they list & study for that.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just played around with a Kali Linux VM for a bit, but overall I didn't focus on Linux too heavily for the CASP.
  • Z0sickxZ0sickx Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    there won't be direct questions related to it but i would prepare for linux syntax to be in some question so its helpful to know
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I took the exam and failed it. I would recommend, if you have time, to go to edx.org and sign up for the Linux Foundation course. It might prove at least somewhat useful.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    When I took 002 there may have been around 10 Linux questions. Definitely be familiar...
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I went through a boot camp where the instructor focused more on Linux vs everything else. I disagreed especially when I took the test last fall and saw the exam focused more on security concepts, Windows, attacks, etc.

Having said that, there were quite a few questions and a simulation that required Linux/RHEL knowledge.