Question about ISC2 Association

shyguysecurityshyguysecurity Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all I am new to this site and I have a question about my resume.

I have the SSCP from ISC2 in full which means I am a member, not an associate.

I also have taken the CISSP and passed (just recently) but I cannot say I have the CISSP because I lack the full five years.

I suppose putting that you are an ISC2 associate on your resume implies that you have the CISSP to an employer.

I am wondering how I can say I have the SSCP as well as an ISC2 Association for CISSP. I was told I cannot mention CISSP anywhere on my resume.

I cant say I have my SSCP as well as I am an ISC2 Associate because I am a member. That just doesnt make sense does it?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Why can't you say that you are an SSCP? I would imagine that you would put Associate of (ISC)2 and the date attained then on the next line down on your resume you would put the SSCP and date attained. If an employer understands the way that (ISC)2 does business, they will probably understand that you passed the CISSP exam and the SSCP exam.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You are a member and an Associate of ISC2, since you have the SSCP. You can't mention anything about CISSP until you have received the certification after endorsement of your work history and qualifications. Being a member just means that you have access to the restricted content on their site; being a member isn't specific to their certifications.

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/Associate

From that page:
    • CISSP - Leadership & Operations
    • SSCP - IT Administration
    • CCSP - Cloud Security
    • CAP - Authorization
    • CSSLP - Software Security
    • HCISPP - Healthcare Security & Privacy
    To become an Associate of (ISC)², you need to take and pass one of the certification exams above.

Additionally:

The Associate of (ISC)² designation:
    • Makes you much more desirable to employers. Immediately stand out from other job seekers! You show employers you’ve passed a tough exam based on internationally recognized standards. You prove your competence and commitment to the industry.
    • Gives you exclusive access to (ISC)² membership — the leading community of information security professionals in the world. And you get amazing benefits: career resources, networking in this elite group of industry leaders and so much more.
    To earn our Associate of (ISC)² designation, you need to:
    • Pass a tough (ISC)² certification exam, proving your cybersecurity knowledge.
    • Pay the dues to become a member of (ISC)².
    • Meet continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
    • Get the work experience needed to become a CISSP or one of our other cybersecurity certifications.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You can list Associate and SSCP...although in my experience, very few hiring managers actually know what an Associate designation even means.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CISSP Associates
    SSCP
    other cert
    cert
    cert

They will know your CISSP is associates and that your SSCP is full as long as you tag the associate next to the CISSP. I am sure they will get it or they can spend some time in the interview asking you about it.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    chrisone wrote: »
    CISSP Associates

Pretty certain you can't list it like this if you want to follow their guidelines. Although I doubt anyone would ever care.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You cannot mention "CISSP" anything. Pretty much the only time people use Associate of ISC2 is related to the CISSP.

If you pass the exam, make sure to link your acclaim digital badge on LinkedIn because it will say this:
    [FONT=&amp]The Associate of (ISC)² status allows an individual to demonstrate competence in the field by passing the rigorous CISSP exam, and work toward gaining the experience required to become CISSP certified. The vendor-neutral CISSP credential confirms technical knowledge and experience to design, engineer, implement, and manage the overall security posture of an organization.[/FONT]

ISC2 probably just doesn't want people getting confused with an Associate not actually being a CISSP because otherwise it doesn't make sense for them to list it on the digital badge.

Resource:
    https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/Associate