Ia the Network + hard?

bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I have been reading that the Network+ cert is hard to pass and the newer one is much easier.

Anyone have any light on this?

Regards

Comments

• beartricebeartrice Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    so did you find out?? :)
  • NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    Personally I thought there was a mixture of very easy and hard questions.
  • UNIXuser117UNIXuser117 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just took it a day ago the N10-006. All I did was watch professor messer, downloaded the exam objectives from comptia, and read mike meyers all in one guide cover for cover and highlighted and write notes. Made a 752, not the best score but sure as hell beats failing since I paid for it out of my own wallet. Overall I felt it was easy. Asked somewhat a bit of polices questions SLA, AUP, consent to monitoring, Business Continuity Plans etc... PBQs were nothing to difficult and I only got two so meh. Got literally no questions on subnetting (which was an easy concept for me to understand) so I guess I got lucky on that. Bit of 802.11 questions, security, firewalls, ACLs, VLANs, bit of ports numbers scenario questions, command line for windows networking, and couple of WAN technologies questions were a bit confusing for me since I don't have much experience with that stuff anyways. Don't sweat it just go in with confidence and take it when you feel ready is all I can say.
  • DiffieHellman173DiffieHellman173 Registered Users Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello all!

I just took the exam this morning (Located in Italy), and passed with a 780. Most of the questions require you to act as if you where the admin and are trying to either install or trouble shoot and issue/s. I also saw a lot of speed test questions compared to ethernet standards, and Firewall ACL questions. Just like UNIXuser117, I had two sims which were very easy to complete. I saw two simple subnetting questions asking how many host/CIDR notation. I hope this helps... Also I'm a brand new to the forum so hello all!