Options

Albert Einstein University New Jersey

Npacifico@hotmail.comNpacifico@hotmail.com Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am considering enrolling to pursue a BA in Cybersecurity at this school. What should I be looking for besides the regional accreditation? Im a transfer student with a associates in liberal arts. The school is inexpensive at 15K for the BA. This would be my second career as I've worked in internet marketing and professional copywrighting. Can someone give me some advice on just starting out the educational process... Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Only 15k because I have an associates
  • Options
    Wow... School is thomas edison not Albert Einstein
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Appears to get decent reviews and does have regional accreditation, so checks those boxes. On price, I suspect WGU might be cheaper, especially if you already have an AA. The course list looks good too (though I don't know of any details on the individual courses, the course titles all sound like a well rounded cybersecurity workload at BS level)
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thomas Edison State University, Excelsior College, and Charter Oaks State College are considered the "big-3" of adult degree completion schools. This means that their credit transfer policies are generous (sometimes too generous). I would contact TESU and ask them what kind of transfer credit they give for IT certifications. For instance, Excelsior College will give you 6 upper-level college credits for a CCNA R&S certification. IT certifications mean a lot to employers and the total cost for the CCNA would likely run less than $400 (approximately $300 for the two exams, $36 for the Todd Lamle CCNA book, $20 for the Robert Browning 101 CCNA Labs book, Cisco Packet Tracer (free), and $11 for the Chris Bryant videos on Udemy). So, if they will accept the CCNA for transfer credit you will have a certification that companies are looking for and college credits that are cheaper/equivalent to the in-state tuition cost per credit for TESU.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me