Passed the CISA on 05/23/2018

LarryFormLarryForm Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed the CISA.

Background:
3-years: Entry level it as an IT Generalist
3-years: Building a security program based off of ISO 27001 and successfully got it audited for the past three years by independent auditors where I was the point of contact.

I used an old Q&AE database of 2013 (downloaded online) and the All-In-One CISA book and quiz CD (on amazon). I also used the "Pocket Prep" app alongside a few other questions and answers online. I pretty much gave myself all the tools required to save my ~$780.00.

I am also CISSP certified and the CISA is not as hard as the CISSP but very challenging though. CISA has very short (one sentence) questions compared to the CISSP with very long questions.

I have all the materials for anyone planning on taking the exam.

Comments

• roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • raxa.jafyraxa.jafy Member Posts: 17 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How useful All in one was ?
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LarryForm wrote: »
    I am also CISSP certified and the CISA is not as hard as the CISSP but very challenging though. CISA has very short (one sentence) questions compared to the CISSP with very long questions.

Just out of curiosity, what was/were your motivation for tackling this exam given that you already have the CISSP (aside from additional learning of course)?
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • tester4employmenttester4employment Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yea, I am interested in hearing the motivation as well. I just passed my CISSP and plan on taking the CISA soon. Ultimately this for the new QSA requirements, is that your reason?
  • abhisheksenatorabhisheksenator Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LarryForm wrote: »
    I just passed the CISA.

CISA has very short (one sentence) questions compared to the CISSP with very long questions.

I have all the materials for anyone planning on taking the exam.

I was reading the CISA Q&A database and found the sentences were quite long.
    Are the exam questions shorter than the Q&A database ?
  • LarryFormLarryForm Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To be sincere, I just read it to make sure I at least read a full CBK for the exam and not totally depend on QA&Es. The All In One by [FONT=&quot]Peter H. Gregory wasn't all that bad as I learned a few concepts that were helpful for the exam.[/FONT]
    The actual exam questions are shorter. Of the 150 questions, more than approximately 120 are one sentence questions. They are not as long as those of the CISSP which could cause you to lose the sense of the question along the way.
    Not quite. I went for the CISA and soon the CISM after passing the CISSP just to give myself some leverage. Making it easy for me to get a job in both cyber security operations and IT Security audit.
  • VikeeyVikeey Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You got official email with results? I too gave exam on 23rd and passes my cism still awaiting official email
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Vikeey wrote: »
    You got official email with results? I too gave exam on 23rd and passes my cism still awaiting official email

Have you tried going over the ISACA FAQs?

Candidates will receive a preliminary pass/fail result on screen at the conclusion of their exam. Candidates do not receive a printout of these results on site. Official results are emailed to candidates within 10 working days of the exam. To ensure the confidentiality of scores, exam results will not be released by telephone or fax.

Considering that you took your exam on the 23rd of May, you should get your results on the 6th of June the earliest.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the pass! I also did CISM and CISA after CISSP because my employer recommends and pays for it. I feel it is easy to pass the others once you have one because there is overlap.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • MalwareMikeMalwareMike Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Current: GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GWAPT, GYPC, RHCSA, WCNA
    2019 Goals: CISSP, Splunk certifications (Certified Core, Power User, Admin, and Architect)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Malware_Mike