Options

CySA+

jwdk19jwdk19 Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hola all.

I passed my CySA+ today and wanted to give a review of sorts. This forum has been extremely helpful in my preparation for certs over the years, so its time for me to contribute.

I used several resources but did not actually fully read through the materials. I rather took different practice quizzes/ assessments in order to ascertain my weak areas and then watched videos on those areas.

I have a decent amount of security experience but have never exclusively held the job title or role of security analyst , technician, administrator etc. 4 Years Navy IT and later upon seperating 3.5 years as a DoD IT contractor (Army).

I used the videos and practice questions from the below sources via safari books:

-Total Seminars, Brent Chapman

- Sybex CySA+ book

-Cybersecurity Analyst Certification All-in-One Exam Guide

-CSA+ android app, purchased the Pro version, it was about 8 dollars I think.

-CySA+ Pearson (live lessons)

In my opinion, the Sybex and CySA+ all-in-one practice questions were more in line with the actual exam.

Without breaking NDA, I can say that I had a ton of log related questions (example, not the actual wording...) after reviewing this log what action was performed or what attack is taking place)

I would also recommend knowing what an actual example of SQL injection or XSS looks like if analyzing html or JavaScript. I would also recommend knowing how to analyze nmap scan results.

Great exam in my humble opinion. I hope this review is helpful ☺

Comments

• Options
    CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    Congrats on passing the CySA+. How much time do you think you spent studying? I plan on taking it at the end of July.
  • Options
    jwdk19jwdk19 Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you. I would say around 30 hours give or take. I took the PenTest+ in late April. There was a decent amount of overlap. Especially with Nmap.
  • Options
    bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I plan on taking the CySA+ exam soon too. :)
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • Options
    roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass!!
  • Options
    kurtkobaindtkurtkobaindt Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I'm planning to take CySA+ too after eJPT. Nice shared!