Next certs for AppSec/DevSecOps role

ottucsakottucsak Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm currently finishing up on eCPPT and looking for my next training to do. I work in application security and plan to get some skills in devsecops/cloud to be better at my job. I want to take CSSLP as I feel like it would give me better insight for my day-to-day job, however it isn't that recognized in the job market, even for appsec roles. I feel like CISSP could be only somewhat-useful, but is well recognized and is kinda like the golden ticket to get senior roles. Meanwhile OSCP has been on my roadmap for 3 years now, after I failed in the labs miserably and CCSK seems like a fun cert that I can do relatively quickly. I would probably do CSSLP->CCSK->OSCP->CISSP if I had the time, but I might need to move back to Europe early next year, so getting 'worthwhile certs' should be my top priority. Realistically I think I can do a small (CCSK) and a big (CSSLP/CISSP) cert this year and maybe take another early next year. How would you do it?

Comments

• bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ottucsak wrote: »
    I'm currently finishing up on eCPPT and looking for my next training to do. I work in application security and plan to get some skills in devsecops/cloud to be better at my job. I want to take CSSLP as I feel like it would give me better insight for my day-to-day job, however it isn't that recognized in the job market, even for appsec roles. I feel like CISSP could be only somewhat-useful, but is well recognized and is kinda like the golden ticket to get senior roles. Meanwhile OSCP has been on my roadmap for 3 years now, after I failed in the labs miserably and CCSK seems like a fun cert that I can do relatively quickly. I would probably do CSSLP->CCSK->OSCP->CISSP if I had the time, but I might need to move back to Europe early next year, so getting 'worthwhile certs' should be my top priority. Realistically I think I can do a small (CCSK) and a big (CSSLP/CISSP) cert this year and maybe take another early next year. How would you do it?

I took the CCSK last night and passed after reading version 4 of CSA’s Guidance for about a week. It is definitely worth it!
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science