70-537 Azure stack exam

LappyLappy Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone
Taken the beta 537 exam. 69 questions (sixty nine! More than on any exam I every taken)
Almost every topic from official topic list was covered.
Although the results will be available , at best, by the summer, I think I passed with low score (about 700) but passed.

About preparation. You should have 96 GB ram server. Also, you can deploy the stack on an Azure VM, but it can be very expensive. Remember that the stack installation and resource provider deployment processes can be very long to go, from 1 to 3 hours.
I've not deployed AzS at all. I have decided to train my mind and memorize all action sequences, firewall ports etc. :)
AzS operations are very intuitive and often similar to the big Azure.
I've drafted some exam guide https://1drv.ms/w/s!AiNE8L-qZ5Pq3g6j7CgtkQazh1lb

This exam can be used to achieve MSCE or MCSA Cloud. And because the product by itself is too raw for now and there are a few things to do - It is much easier to pass that exam than 70-744, 70-535, 533, 745 et cetera.

Comments

• someperson49someperson49 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What resources did you use to prepare for this exam?

How long did you prepare for this exam?

I plan on taking this also, so thanks for your guide.
  • LappyLappy Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What resources did you use to prepare for this exam?

How long did you prepare for this exam?

I plan on taking this also, so thanks for your guide.
    I did use only Technet articles and some blogs found with google. I prepared for one week, 2-4 hours per day.
    For some topics, I did use Azure documentation (not Azure stack) and my Azure subscription.
    For example: VM operations, DevOps stuff (ARM templates).

UPD.: I forgot about Openedx course. There are some labs.
    It is live now afaik
    someperson49
    what is your score?
    I did pass with 793.
  • someperson49someperson49 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did not pass, got 6xx something.

I only had less than 2 weeks to study and the labs were not available anymore so did not do enough really.
    I had already done 533, 534 and 532 so this was just a bonus attempt.
    I probably wont attempt the 537 again unless I start working with Azure Stack.
    Ohh. Sorry to hear it! Next time will be definitely better!
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I plan on taking this one a couple of times. ;) I plan to take the first attempt at it on the 28th. I have the microsoft official courseware and the openedex labs I plan on going through a few times between now and then.
  • ninodjninodj Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ertaz wrote: »
    I plan on taking this one a couple of times. ;) I plan to take the first attempt at it on the 28th. I have the microsoft official courseware and the openedex labs I plan on going through a few times between now and then.

Official courseware? How do I get my hands on that? :) Thanks.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ninodj wrote: »
    Official courseware? How do I get my hands on that? :) Thanks.

I took mine through a vendor, but it's not ready for prime time for test prep. I would recommend waiting until Measure up gets the practice exams ready. Those do get you to go back and read the material in the context that MS is going to ask it at least they did for 533 and 535.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/course.aspx?cid=20537