Failed cysa+ 730/750!

UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was curious as to when I can retake the CYSA+ exam. I also don't understand the exam objectives?

The questions are completely different than the sybex book.
CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, Network+, Microsoft AZ-900, InsightVM CA

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I can answer the first question but not the second: you may retake the exam whenever you like as there is no time restriction.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I was doing CySA+ beta there wasn't a specific training to it yet. I started with the objectives and found various trainings - lots of CASP, a bit of Sec+, and other certs like CISSP.

for a lot of it I used the ITPro.tv library and was searching for key terms

I would say that my feelings on it is that this is definitely kind of the "blue team" approach to things. I remember looking up things like forensic investigation subjects to get things like handling practices and just general non-contamination.

I guess the Pentest+ beta is going to be kind of the "red team" to the same stuff. I'm digging into that now
  • charismaticxcharismaticx Member Posts: 160 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I feel like everyone says to use the objectives but I feel like that doesn't really help at all. I used the Sybex book and looked over the All in one plus the pearson book. The udemy practice test were also great for studying. I would brush up on the material you felt you were weak on and retake that test ASAP. I'm sure you'll get it next time.
    Goals: PNPT; OSCP; GPYC; GSE
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Personally, I found teh Pearson Livelessons on the course EXTREMELY useful (As well as entertaining, the instructor's teaching style works well for me). It is definitely a blue team test, and there's a good amount of material out there for it now. The sybex book alone doesn't seem like it will get you through.

If you happen to have been accepted into the CCNA Cyber-Ops scholarship, finish those courses before you attempt it again. There's a lot of overlap between the two certifications.
  • asiru77asiru77 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    To understand exam objectives is a must to pass Comptia Exams if you are not experienced in the field, you may pass without going through exam objectives on the basis of your previous knowledge and experience
  • skynet1126skynet1126 Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was curious as to when I can retake the CYSA+ exam. I also don't understand the exam objectives?

The questions are completely different than the sybex book.

I got the same exact score today...SOOOO BUMMED!!!! 2 questions!!!!
    Kevin in NH
    ITF, A+, NET+, SEC+, Linux+, Server+, CySa+, LPIC-1, SUSE, Mobility+
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have a feeling that perhaps going over some of the security NIST docs might help some, or maybe at least reinforce your understandings. I know they are like reading a law document though (dry and boring), but js.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • overtheborderovertheborder Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey, I'm studying for this as well, did you just use the sybex all in one, or did you use the extra book with the practice tests?

I'm trying to take this within two weeks and trying to decice if I want to use the sybex practice tests or the jasion dion practice tests.

Thanks and good luck on the next shot!
  • roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Really sorry to hear that, but do not give up. I used the materials from safaribooksonline - great source. Security+ and sybex CSA+ were very good resources. There were questions that really required experience to answer, but most could be answered for the two sources.
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the Sybex book, the Jason Dion udemy course and practice questions, as well as the Brent Chapman udemy course. I found all helpful.