Kho's eLearnSecurity PTPv5 Journey

KhohezionKhohezion Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
I bought eLearnSecurity's PTPv5 when they released it last month and I decided to give it a try before I go for round 2 of the OSCP.

I took their eJPT cert last year and enjoyed the style of teaching and the labs especially. I am going to use this thread to give myself some sort of accountability to go the distance and take the test and hopefully pass.

I got the Full Edition which was upgraded to the elite (with 120 lab Hours) and will try to update this thread as much as possible.

I will also try to answer any questions people have in this thread as well. Wish me luck guys.

Comments

• ottucsakottucsak Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Would love to hear about the content of the new modules and labs. I just completed eCPPT and still trying to decide whether I should 'upgrade' or not.
  • KhohezionKhohezion Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ottucsak wrote: »
    Would love to hear about the content of the new modules and labs. I just completed eCPPT and still trying to decide whether I should 'upgrade' or not.

I will let you know when I reach them. The powershell module is 3rd and the ruby module is 6th (last)
  • ottucsakottucsak Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks! Ruby was included previously, the other new module is the linux exploitation.
    ottucsak wrote: »
    Thanks! Ruby was included previously, the other new module is the linux exploitation.
    Oh you are right... Then its the 3rd and 4th modules.
  • Naruto985Naruto985 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck Kho. I got an upgrade. Was busy a bit. Now I am all set to start PTP v5. Only addition is Linux exploitation module and powershell. :).
  • gbutlergbutler Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck kho, waiting for your update.
    I too got PTPv5 i have to start going through materials this weekend.
    Achieved : GCIH, CEH
    Certification Goals :  ECCPT, OSCP, CISSP, CCNA CyberOps, CCIE, WIFU

• p1d0fp1d0f Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I fell off the earth due to life things happening but I am starting today on this. will provide updates in earnest
  • MalwareMikeMalwareMike Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We all go through those ups and downs! Just stay the path and everything will slowly come together, good luck!
    Current: GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GWAPT, GYPC, RHCSA, WCNA
    2019 Goals: CISSP, Splunk certifications (Certified Core, Power User, Admin, and Architect)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Malware_Mike