Options

Lexmark Certs and training

SametsSamets Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know of any training that I can take for Lexmark printers? Specifically M5163

Is there Lexmark sanctioned certification program?

I can't seem to locate anything...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They do have their own training and certifications. I used to work at a MSP and I was on the Lexmark/HP tech support team. The training and certifications were a joke. The job basically entailed reading the service manual to on site printer technicians.

I don't think any of the training or certs were available to the general public. Just like the service manuals you had to work there to get access.
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You have to work for HP/Lexmark service center to gain access to certification. In some way those certs only matter to other service center or large subcontracting outsourcer. When you work for a partner, there is some online training and some free or very inexpense training session 1-2 time a year for new model. And yes.. from what my tech told me, the training is mostly a joke.
  • Options
    DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That entirely depends on where you work or what your working on. I have certs in most makes and models for just about anything that prints. Some are very simple training videos and 20 question tests and others are full on classroom environments where you do full tear down, identification and rebuilds of all assemblies and can last several weeks for each model.