Passed sec + thank god!

mcdertzmcdertz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
First post, been reading for a while. Started studying about 16months ago, but between settling in new city, and being on road for 4-5 months of that time, consistent study time was few and far between. Finally got to a point where I had consistent time to study and passed on first attempt, barely! Felt I would fail miserably as first 20-30 questions seemed to be on topics I have not reviewed before! Only two sims (easy) 73 questions total, was fully prepared to see a big fat fail on exam, and was truly surprised I passed! For background, I have no IT experience but always fascinated by it ( chose Show biz over tech support offer from EarthLink! Yeah I’m old) used D Gibson book and app, prof messor , cbt nuggets and various study guides by the community that posts here! I want to thank all of you in this community for creating and sharing your study guides etc as everybody learns differently, withought you I am sure I would have failed! I used your work extensively and took from each one of you!thanks for doing the heavy lifting for me!

Comments

• nicoletteannicolettean Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Taking this exam next week. What would be the best study resource to prepare for the multiple choice questions?
    2018 Goals - AWS Certified Solutions Architect

Linkedin Profile : https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-nicolette-454721109/
  • MdaudMdaud Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • rbeconnectrbeconnect Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just passed SYS-401 by the skin of my teeth, nevertheless typical study materials such as the Gibson book, this site, CBT Nuggets and Messers' videos were a great help.

Some of the questions came out of nowhere, a couple on UNIX and these really cryptic questions on what is the BEST. Thank God! its over.

Going to keep the momentum going and possibly do my Vmware or MCSA.

Thanks to all who make this site a valuable resource.

-R
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • MalwareMikeMalwareMike Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Current: GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GWAPT, GYPC, RHCSA, WCNA
    2019 Goals: CISSP, Splunk certifications (Certified Core, Power User, Admin, and Architect)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Malware_Mike

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! Great story......God is good indeed.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • SarelpoySarelpoy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam