MCSA 2016 upgrade from 2012

Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
Has anyone taken the exam? I have been loosely studying for this exam for about a month. I purchased the voucher, plan to schedule for early August. Along with my studies a buddy of mine is also going for his first MCSA. I've never upgraded an exam so I am not sure what to expect. Is it easier to do the upgrade exam versus taking the three exams to get MCSA 2016? Cost aside, as I don't pay for the exams, what do you guys suggest as the best option?

Comments

• malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's alot more work doing all three server 2016 exams if you already have MCSA in Server 2012 and also unnecessary. Doing the upgrade exam is the easier and better choice.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• backtrackerbacktracker Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do the upgrade. There is really only a few objective areas that are truly new to 2016.

Hindsight 20/20 I wish I would have done 2012 then the upgrade to 2016 to have both. I definitely plan to stay current moving forward with any available upgrades on new versions.
    MSM-ISS (Information System Security)-'07 Colorado Tech.
    MCSE | MCSA X3 | Security + | Network +
  • gilesjpgilesjp Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am planing to take the upgrade exam myself. I agree with the others its the quickest and easiest path.
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone