Any Brandman students here? What are they using for certification study materials?

ELSADDIQELSADDIQ Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've been trying to find any info I can get about their IT and/or MyPath programs. I can't find a Brandman student anywhere. Anyone?

Comments

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What did they say after you emailed them?
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • ELSADDIQELSADDIQ Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Absolutely nothing!!
  • WarDoctorWarDoctor Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sure, I'll bump this thread. I enrolled in Brandman University just recently. Well, so did about 15 other co-workers. We signed up for their CCNA course and currently in the first week of it. I'll keep anyone updated who is interested.
    Well, I just finished their CCNA course and here is how it worked out. The first 3 weeks of the class was getting accustomed to using Packet Tracer, with a very basic Workstation, Switch, & Router. Learning about the OSI & TCP/IP model. The second 3 weeks was the study for the ICND 1 exam. It was a continuation of the lab of the first week with the addition of how to subnet. We also read a few chapters in the "31 Days Before Your CCNA Routing & Switching Exam".The last 3 weeks of the course was supposed to be the study for the ICND 2 exam, but unfortunately the instructor had health issues and was unable to complete the last part to its fullest. We did go over, and 'finish' the lab we were working on, with the use of Frame Relay. However, we did not go over BGP, EIGRP, RIP v2, OSPF, Spanning Tree..etc. Tonight, we had a 15 minute session on some 'Finished' content for our continued studies which include video recordings from the previous Winter/Spring class. I guess I'm just a little upset because what I was looking for was a place to help me organize my training for the CCNA. I am definitely more prepared for studying on my own but we (as a class) definitely missed out on a lot of content.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I thought they took frame relay off the most recent CCNA exams. I haven't looked in awhile though so I could be wrong.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
    I believe they have removed Frame Relay from the exam as well, but I believe it to be a good topic to cover. I'm still working on the other protocols so learning Frame Relay is definitely not a lost cause.