MCSA 2016 to MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I currently hold MCSA 2016 certification and in my certification planner I can see that if I pass one of the exams below I will obtain MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.
The New MCSE

Once an qualifying MCSA certification (as listed above) is earned, the next path is to pass only 1 more exam to earn the 
full MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification! And, the best part, is you get to choose from a fairly long list 
of exams to make that happen.

Here’s the current list of Elective exam options to grow that MCSA certification into a brand new MCSE: Cloud Platform 
and Infrastructure certification:

70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions70-533: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
70-534: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
70-473: Designing and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions
70-475: Designing and Implementing Big Data Analytics Solutions
70-744: Securing Windows Server 2016
70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
70-246: Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud
70-247: Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud
Anyone went the same path? Just would like to check if understand this information correctly.
Best, sacredboy!

Comments

• malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sacredboy wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I currently hold MCSA 2016 certification and in my certification planner I can see that if I pass one of the exams below I will obtain MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.
    The New MCSE

Once an qualifying MCSA certification (as listed above) is earned, the next path is to pass only 1 more exam to earn the 
    full MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification! And, the best part, is you get to choose from a fairly long list 
    of exams to make that happen.

Here’s the current list of Elective exam options to grow that MCSA certification into a brand new MCSE: Cloud Platform 
    and Infrastructure certification:

70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions70-533: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
    70-534: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
    70-473: Designing and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions
    70-475: Designing and Implementing Big Data Analytics Solutions
    70-744: Securing Windows Server 2016
    70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
    70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
    70-246: Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud
    70-247: Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud

Anyone went the same path? Just would like to check if understand this information correctly.

You are right, you only need to pass one of those exams. Also Exam 70-537 Configuring and Operating a Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure Stack is missing from that list but its just been added.

I will be doing 70-744 once my 70-742 is out the way.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You are right, you only need to pass one of those exams. Also Exam 70-537 Configuring and Operating a Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure Stack is missing from that list but its just been added.

I will be doing 70-744 once my 70-742 is out the way.

I did 533 & 535. I took the course for 537 and I am going to come back to the exam for it in the fall. I am half way done with the 744 book and will take that test in the next month or so.
  • backtrackerbacktracker Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just got back from taking 744 with a pass! Breathe a quick sigh of relief and onto 695...

edit for clarification: I came up through the Server 2016 track (740,741,742)... 695 is unrelated to CP & I and is one of the electives for MCSE Mobility in the Windows 10 MCSA track.

Good luck with your endeavors!
    MSM-ISS (Information System Security)-'07 Colorado Tech.
    MCSE | MCSA X3 | Security + | Network +
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Oh wow
    Congratulations!!
    Just got back from taking 744 with a pass! Breathe a quick sigh of relief and onto 695...

edit for clarification: I came up through the Server 2016 track (740,741,742)... 695 is unrelated to CP & I and is one of the electives for MCSE Mobility in the Windows 10 MCSA track.

2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□

Congrats man! How much Powershell do I have to look forward to?

Congrats, how difficult did you find 70-744 compared to the other Server 2016 exams?
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

nisti2 wrote: »
    Oh wow
    Congratulations!!

Thanks!

Ertaz wrote: »
    Congrats man! How much Powershell do I have to look forward to?
    Thanks. You know, I have come to like PS recently. This one left me a little disappointed.
    Congrats, how difficult did you find 70-744 compared to the other Server 2016 exams?

Thanks again! Much appreciated. I thought it was a logical progression of the 7xx series Server 2016 exams. A review of some areas and a deeper dive into others.
  • bluewarlord8bluewarlord8 Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you get an MCP once you pass just one of the Server exams or is it a MTA?

Can someone clarify please?
    Certs: CompTIA A+, MTA: Server Admin, CCST - Networking & Azure Fundamentals.
    Do you get an MCP once you pass just one of the Server exams or is it a MTA?

Can someone clarify please?

Yes, this should get you an MCP. I elaborated a bit in your other thread in the MS elective area.
  • sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi guys,

Jut got a question regarding MCSA: Windows Server 2016 to MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.

So, I had MCSA: Windows Server 2016.
    Yesterday I passed 70-533 which, I thought, was meant to upgrade me to MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.
    However, in certification planner and transcript I can see contradictory information.

In transcript I can see:
    Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure October 19, 2018

In planner I can see the information on the screenshot.

If someone know why is it so and could explain it that would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
    Best, sacredboy!
    As long as it shows on your transcript then I wouldnt worry about it but you need to give it a few days for everything to show on your planner.
    Certifications:

edited February 2019
    Hi guys, after taking a pause I decided to go through this once again and found this. 

Regarding "Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure", looks like this one has been retired. 

MCSA: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure 

Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert

This certification has retired. You will no longer be able to earn this certification. Any certifications you earn prior to their retirement dates will continue to appear on your transcript in the Certification Dashboard

Because I passed 70-533 I can take AZ-102 transition exam to achieve Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate.

==============================================

Regarding "MCSA:Windows Server 2016", this can be upgraded to Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Productivity.

(I'm inclined to take 70-345 exam "Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016") 

Best, sacredboy!

Looks like MCSA: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure has been retired and now I need to take AZ-102 transition exam to have an actual Azure related certification.

For Azure certification on expert level I would need to take another two though.

When it comes to my MCSA: Windows Server 2016 just wondering if it worth to chase MCSE: Productivity 2019 by taking say 70-345 "Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 ".

Best, sacredboy!
    edited March 2019

Hi guys,

Is MCSE: Core Infrastructure is the only option to upgrade my existing MCSA: Windows Server 2016?

Best, sacredboy!
    Looks like not. :)
    Best, sacredboy!