Just got off this phone interview...

Daneil3144Daneil3144 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
[FONT=&quot]Still haven't mastered the art of salary negotiation, as they admitted my request was 'below cap'

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And it is funny or interesting to say the least, that they made a 'joke' about my facebook cover image...never even told them I had a facebook...[/FONT]

Comments

• ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Daneil3144 wrote: »
    [FONT=&amp]Still haven't mastered the art of salary negotiation, as they admitted my request was 'below cap'

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]And it is funny or interesting to say the least, that they made a 'joke' about my facebook cover image...never even told them I had a facebook...[/FONT]

Should have started at a billion. :)

Stuff like this has me thinking about leaving FB entirely and I only have a light presence there.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Always tell them you are looking in the "range of $k-$k" because you are not looking to do any lateral moves or downgrading...Tell them you never take pay cuts when moving to a new position.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    [FONT="]Still haven't mastered the art of salary negotiation, as they admitted my request was 'below cap'

[/FONT]

[FONT="]And it is funny or interesting to say the least, that they made a 'joke' about my facebook cover image...never even told them I had a facebook...[/FONT]

I think you dodge a bullet, when you mentioned the that they felt the need to crack a joke about you Facebook cover. Very unprofessional.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    ugh, they mentioned Facebook? secure those settings. I would not want a potential employer to see my FB profile, no matter how boring it is.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I do OSINT on all candidates but never mention anything. Totally out of place talking about that pic.
  • johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    [FONT=&amp]Still haven't mastered the art of salary negotiation, as they admitted my request was 'below cap'

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]And it is funny or interesting to say the least, that they made a 'joke' about my facebook cover image...never even told them I had a facebook...[/FONT]

First rule of going rogue, have multiple email addresses and phone numbers.

At one point in time recently, you could put an email address and/or phone number in Facebook and BOOM here is the profile. With all the Facebook in the media recently a lot of the security settings were strengthen by default. Plus, the addition of new security settings. I literally have a common name. So, if someone just was so happen to find a person with my name you would find people of various nationalities you'd be searching for hours. Who searches for hours? Nobody, my point exactly.. Most things on my Facebook is not really the truth. If you are on my Facebook you know who I am because I worked with you or are related to you. That's it. My Facebook right now does not have a picture and the pictures on it are viewable only to friends. If you think you found my profile how could you verify it is me? you can't. My point exactly.

I believe the policy is at or around 90 days you can change your Facebook name. I am known to change my Facebook name. This is Facebook, either we worked together ( and I liked you) or are related ( and I like you). So, if we aren't friends we never will be friends on Facebook. I just don't go showing people ( I really don't know or care about) the last 15 years of my life in pictures or post. ! You have to be more private Sir.

But, it's things that are public record. Like, if I know your address I can see that you bought a house and how much you paid for it. I am not going to tell you the tricks of getting information but I will say that your name and address and phone number (all of which are on your resume) are good starting points for attempting to find out about you. With that said, have a email address strickly for jobs. So, it you check it or it dings you know it's regarding a job you applied for. Get a google voice phone number or Skype phone number or one of the other untraceable phone numbers. Get a PO Box. I have never in my life heard someone not get a job because they listed a PO Box on a resume. These are only things to consider if and only if you MIGHT have something to hide or would rather not a potential employer know about.

You don't have to tell them you have a Facebook this is 2018 and technology is a wonderful thing my friend!

Once you give them a number either you helped yourself or hurt yourself. You, helped the company. So, you have a chance. Good Luck
    johndoee wrote: »
    First rule of going rogue, have multiple email addresses and phone numbers.

At one point in time recently, you could put an email address and/or phone number in Facebook and BOOM here is the profile. With all the Facebook in the media recently a lot of the security settings were strengthen by default. Plus, the addition of new security settings. I literally have a common name. So, if someone just was so happen to find a person with my name you would find people of various nationalities you'd be searching for hours. Who searches for hours? Nobody, my point exactly.. Most things on my Facebook is not really the truth. If you are on my Facebook you know who I am because I worked with you or are related to you. That's it. My Facebook right now does not have a picture and the pictures on it are viewable only to friends. If you think you found my profile how could you verify it is me? you can't. My point exactly.

I believe the policy is at or around 90 days you can change your Facebook name. I am known to change my Facebook name. This is Facebook, either we worked together ( and I liked you) or are related ( and I like you). So, if we aren't friends we never will be friends on Facebook. I just don't go showing people ( I really don't know or care about) the last 15 years of my life in pictures or post. ! You have to be more private Sir.

But, it's things that are public record. Like, if I know your address I can see that you bought a house and how much you paid for it. I am not going to tell you the tricks of getting information but I will say that your name and address and phone number (all of which are on your resume) are good starting points for attempting to find out about you. With that said, have a email address strickly for jobs. So, it you check it or it dings you know it's regarding a job you applied for. Get a google voice phone number or Skype phone number or one of the other untraceable phone numbers. Get a PO Box. I have never in my life heard someone not get a job because they listed a PO Box on a resume. These are only things to consider if and only if you MIGHT have something to hide or would rather not a potential employer know about.

You don't have to tell them you have a Facebook this is 2018 and technology is a wonderful thing my friend!

Once you give them a number either you helped yourself or hurt yourself. You, helped the company. So, you have a chance. Good Luck

1. You could have a picture of your latest hunting event with a dead deer. What if the hiring manager is against the killing of poor ole animals?
    2. You could have a picture of Trump or a Pro-Trump phrase. What if the hiring manager is against it/him/that party?
    3. You could be married to an opposite/same sex. What if the hiring manager is against it?

These are all real life circumstances that happen, that nobody sober and off of drugs would admit to happening/doing. I keep it private and secure but do as you please.
  • LeBrokeLeBroke Member Posts: 490 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I mean it's not a stretch to input someone's name into Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn.

It's not difficult to find someone's profile either.

Most people don't mean anything by it, just satisfying idle curiosity.

But some people also see it as a way to avoid potential red flags.

Are you posting photos at a pro/anti Trump rally every weekend and share 7 public posts a day on the topic of guns in America? I don't really care what your political views are, but probably means you're extremely opinionated and will never accept opposing viewpoints. Meaning a potential red flag that you're a pain to work with.
    LeBroke wrote: »
    I mean it's not a stretch to input someone's name into Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn.

It's not difficult to find someone's profile either.

Most people don't mean anything by it, just satisfying idle curiosity.

But some people also see it as a way to avoid potential red flags.

Are you posting photos at a pro/anti Trump rally every weekend and share 7 public posts a day on the topic of guns in America? I don't really care what your political views are, but probably means you're extremely opinionated and will never accept opposing viewpoints. Meaning a potential red flag that you're a pain to work with.

I want to be thanked next time you take my original ideas and create a post that piggybacks off of mines. icon_rolleyes.gifAt least cite your sources.

Just a little morning humor. Have a wonderful day. icon_twisted.gif
  • Basic85Basic85 Member Posts: 189 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Most employers will do a google search on you, just like you should do the same to them.
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the guys name is even john doe on a message board with fake names. he takes it seriously folks!