Options

Software Development or Cyber Security Master's at Maryville University

ldha03ldha03 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone ever attempted or completed courses for the Master's degree program in Software Development or Cyber Security at Maryville University? If so, what was your classroom experience like as far as class projects, discussion posts, research papers, etc.? I am just trying to get an ideal of both programs and overall experience as well as professors. I have over 3 years experience working in Technical Support for Higher Education and looking to apply my experience in another area of IT.

Comments

• Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ldha03 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever attempted or completed courses for the Master's degree program in Software Development or Cyber Security at Maryville University? If so, what was your classroom experience like as far as class projects, discussion posts, research papers, etc.? I am just trying to get an ideal of both programs and overall experience as well as professors. I have over 3 years experience working in Technical Support for Higher Education and looking to apply my experience in another area of IT.

https://www.maryville.edu/bu/cybersecurity

This one?
  • Options
    ldha03ldha03 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, but I am trying to find some other info past the testimonials.
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The cyber degree looks pretty cool, particularly how you'd spend hands-on time working in the school's SOC.

I took numerous software development classes at the undergrad and grad levels at a different school and in my experience, I quickly hit a point where I was saturated with algorithms, discrete math, and programming concepts and was gaining very little in the grad classes. In order for me to improve, I needed to sink hundreds of hours of programming to progress, which no class could possibly have provided at that time in my life.

Kinda like getting a PhD in art might be like I suppose. Research papers did not make me a better programmer. Better to just paint lots of stuff.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP