CASP 002 study guide books suggestions?

hkimhkim Registered Users Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys!

I'm new to the thread. My current employer is trying to promote me but they want me to take the CASP 002 in less than 2 months. I need help which study guide book is recommended for this exam. I'm trying to take it before the exams retires. Thank you!

Comments

• stekirbystekirby Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You really don't have a lot of choices when it comes to books. There's the Abernathy/McMillan CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) CAS-002 from Pearson and the Gregg CASP CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Study Guide from Sybex. That's about it, as far as I know.

You might want to include some video training. Kelly Handerhan's series on Cybrary is pretty good. It's also free of charge and will allow you to download the audio to an MP3 player or mobile device. Troy McMillan has a course on Udemy that might be worth a look if you can get it for under $15. There's at least one more Udemy course that popped up recently, but I don't have any experience with it. Pluralsight may have a course related to the CASP, but I honestly haven't looked.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the exam.
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Make sure and include Linux in your studies as well if you are not well versed in it.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• hkimhkim Registered Users Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice!
  • ChocolatedolChocolatedol Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the heads up.