SY-401 passed, what next ?

xrayxray Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
i passed serurity+ a few days ago (790).
i'm 45 years old .Working in totally non IT field.
I did some software development in my early years.
I've been working for 13 years as a nurse keeping an eye from time to time to IT field.
Toying whith penteserlab.com , it rose my interesest in infosec
I took security+ to see if i'd have the abilities to come back into IT again.
I planned to do freelance basic security audits for small business with my self taught skills , kinda Security for the "poor" regarding my resume and be realisitic.
while completing security+ , i realized it provided theorical stuffs but gave me near zero experience.
Can someone give me advice concerning an online course / cert more hands on which 'd be desirable for client / employer.
I live in Europe
I saw c|nd more hands on but seems not recognized.

Does an oscp alone could be enough to get a job ?

Sorry for my english.
Thanx

Comments

• malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    45 years old, coming from an non IT field and still managed to pass security+ which is an hard exam.

You have set the example that you can enter IT no matter how old you are and still get certs.

Congrats to you!!!
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• xrayxray Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    xray wrote: »
    I planned to do freelance basic security audits for small business with my self taught skills , kinda Security for the "poor" regarding my resume and be realisitic.

Why not learn GDPR or whatever else compliance wise they have in EU and do audits for that.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• xrayxray Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikey88 wrote: »
    Why not learn GDPR or whatever else compliance wise they have in EU and do audits for that.

that's make sense to be involved in GDRP, but i need first build up my skills , in addition, it'll be very difficult to be thrusted by a client. I come from nowhere and don't have any academic IT degree.
    I hoped, there was a path by obtening basics security certs and then demonstrating your abilities "hands on" ( c|nd, c|eh ,oscp..) to be a minimum desirable for industry. Maybe i mistaken and dream regarding my age and level of knowledge :)

( I did a quick search on GDPR stuffs and saw there were for graduated students in my country)

thanks for your answer.