CCNA Security Study Material

pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey All,

Can someone please give advice on what study material to use for the CCNA security.

Aside from CBT nuggets which Ill subscribe to I wanted someones opinion on reading material. Apparently the CCNA SEC Cisco Pressbook is not great, according to reviews it doesnt cover half the exam material,is this the case? And if So, what books are recommended.

Also interms of labbing, will an ASA 5505 with a base license do? or would a security license on top of that be needed?

Thanks
[X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
[  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
[  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
[  ] CCIE R&S LAB

Comments

• jboogie81jboogie81 Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat, was excited to buy the 210-260 press book and when I went on Amazon all the reviews said it sucks. I wound up buying the command guide to atleast start with. I think Lammle has a CCNAS book coming out in February's also.
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used video training from CBTN (all the extra ccnp videos that Keith suggested). I also used INE videos. I used cisco documentation for anything not covered in the blueprint, as I've never liked exam cert books.

Piotr is also a good instructor, you can check out his udemy course here, https://www.udemy.com/ccna-security-210-260-novodyne/
  • Masked_KingMasked_King Banned Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MitM wrote: »
    I used video training from CBTN (all the extra ccnp videos that Keith suggested). I also used INE videos. I used cisco documentation for anything not covered in the blueprint, as I've never liked exam cert books.

Piotr is also a good instructor, you can check out his udemy course here, https://www.udemy.com/ccna-security-210-260-novodyne/
    everyone loves exam cert books, you are just an extreme outlier. If that was the case, we wouldn't even need to physically go to school and just be issued texts. be realistic.
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You don't make sense.

I have nothing against people who use certification exam guides. I personally, don't care for most of them. I learn better by watching videos, and following the blueprint using documentation
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sybex released a CCNA Security textbook in January. The reviews are uniformly bad. What is it with authors not taking the time to make sure their book is free of spelling and grammar errors? After all, there is a new fangled thing with Word called "Spell Check" which can do these things. I hate spending good money on a book and finding grammatical errors.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There are a few books as of now, CCNA Security 210-260 Exam : Recommended Books
    There are good reviews on Bob Vachon book for CCNA Security. Any one tried that bood?
  • GammGammGammGamm Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've heard ****.com and certprepare.com are good sources for anything cisco-related. It costs like $11 per month to utilize their full database of simulations and questions, but I've heard they're legit.
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Get the Boson ex-sim for 210-260. My coworkers say this is the best prep.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • AdvancedguyAdvancedguy Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Get simulationexams exam simulators for practicing 210-260 and you can also check examguides.com to get some good exam notes