CBT Nuggets Price / Any discounts?

Chris.Mackenzie01Chris.Mackenzie01 Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just curious what people are paying for CBT nuggets?
I see alot of people saying they plan to use this resource as part of their studies, but I've been quoted $84 a month, or $840 yearly.

I'm self employed, so this seems like a steep outlay. Anyone managed to get a discounted rate?

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you haven't taken a look at SafariBookOnline I would do that. A lot of video courses on there along with the infinite amount of books.

And if you purchase a ACM membership you get full access to SafariBooksOnline and Skillsoft for only $75 a year. Insane deal and doubt there is a better one out there. https://campus2.acm.org/public/qj/ke...m?promo=DA4SCA

Its what I do at least....
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The deal NetworkNewb mentioned is worth every penny.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just noticed, has anyone else signed up to this? I am very tempted as we never get alternatives like this based here in the UK/EU for studying. I dont see anything about Skillsoft, only SafariBooksOnline.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• PenfoldPenfold Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't know about Skillsoft as not used them before but would recommend SafariBooks. As mentioned above you have access to tons vids and books, depending on your subscription you can either so many on your bookshelf at once or unlimited.
    I dont see anything about Skillsoft, only SafariBooksOnline.

Membership Benefits page:
    https://www.acm.org/membership/membership-benefits

On their Learning Center page they have a link to Skillsoft as well in the top right. Need a membership to logon when using that link...
    https://learning.acm.org/
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just curious what people are paying for CBT nuggets?
    I see alot of people saying they plan to use this resource as part of their studies, but I've been quoted $84 a month, or $840 yearly.

I'm self employed, so this seems like a steep outlay. Anyone managed to get a discounted rate?

They have a multi year deal which at $672.00 annually. Breaking this down it is 56.00 dollars a month.
    It goes for 3 years. I'm not sure if you have to pay that all at once.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Chris.Mackenzie01Chris.Mackenzie01 Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just signed up to ACM. Works out for me in the UK at £56 for the year.
    Cannot believe how much stuff is on here, full courses. Is there a way we can login through an iPAD to the safari books? Just tested via my phone and the safari books online App and it fails to log me in with the same credentials.
    Just signed up to ACM. Works out for me in the UK at £56 for the year.
    Cannot believe how much stuff is on here, full courses. Is there a way we can login through an iPAD to the safari books? Just tested via my phone and the safari books online App and it fails to log me in with the same credentials.

Does it give you access to all of safari books online or an cut down ACM version where you have a smaller amount of books safari books? Also have you tried to access Skillsoft website?
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

Yep I've gone into Safari Books, worked out that you need to login via your @acm email address in order to get the App for iphones/ipads to work. But you get all the books from what I can see. There si also video content that I have just tried and thats working aswell.

SKillSoft takes me through to a portal that has alot of content aswell. A quick search for Cisco brings back CCIE and CCNP content. But it seems to contain loads of stuff for Cisco/Microsoft/Linux.
    Yep I've gone into Safari Books, worked out that you need to login via your @acm email address in order to get the App for iphones/ipads to work. But you get all the books from what I can see. There si also video content that I have just tried and thats working aswell.

SKillSoft takes me through to a portal that has alot of content aswell. A quick search for Cisco brings back CCIE and CCNP content. But it seems to contain loads of stuff for Cisco/Microsoft/Linux.

Great, thanks :) Think I might sign up to complete my MCSA and MCSE.
    Certifications:

• anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Membership Benefits page:
    https://www.acm.org/membership/membership-benefits

On their Learning Center page they have a link to Skillsoft as well in the top right. Need a membership to logon when using that link...
    https://learning.acm.org/

I just visited the site because it sounds interesting... I know its not a show stopper but I'm surprised to see they have minimum qualifications to become a member. A lot of TE members will easily meet the requirements... Just an FYI to those TE members who are interested.

ACM Membership Qualifications
    You must satisfy one of the qualifications below:
    1. Bachelor's Degree (in any subject area); or
    2. Equivalent Level of Education; or
    3. Two years full-time employment in the IT field.
    AnthonX
    ^^^^ Pretty certain they didn't ask for verification on any of that... Just throwing it out there.
    I havent been asked for any proof. was very fast to sign up
  • abnmiabnmi Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It is an awesome program plus you have the opportunity to apply for a lifetime membership which includes all the goodies for life. Pretty sweet deal.
    Registered this morning, quick and easy.

Now I have access to all the MS cert books for my future exams instead of buying them physically.
    Certifications:

• Ungadunga911Ungadunga911 Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am a undergrad student and my school as most will go through the cisco network academy route which is very lame, it works for some, but for me it was boring, CBT Nuggets has exceeded my learning expectations, they work with you one on one with that 84 a month membership, they guide you through every step towards obtaining the CCNA.