Got my A+ OS in less than 48 hours!

NeMiNaToRNeMiNaToR Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my Core with 768 3 weeks ago.

Im using specialized Solutions Training books and CDROMS. I scored 76% with a test sheet I downloaded, but when I tried the practice test on this site i got like 45%!

Im now s****ing it, im weak on boot files mainly, I feel okish with the rest.

Whats the top mark and the pass mark, im doing 2001.

Scared. icon_sad.gif

Comments

• carbunklecarbunkle Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    can you delay your test?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    The following was taken from the Comptia website.

Taking the Exams
    A+ exams consist of two exams and both tests are administered in an adaptive format. Each test consists of 80 questions and are scored on a scale of 100 - 900. The minimum passing score for the A+ Core Hardware exam is 467 and the minimum passing score for the A+ OS Technologies exam is 469. Ninety minutes are allowed to complete each exam.

I took A+ in the old 30q max adaptive last year. I found the core much easier than the OS. Try to calm down, relax, and study the basics. Go over the objectives from Comptia to make sure you know what you need to know.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    If you decide to take the test, good luck......
  • NeMiNaToRNeMiNaToR Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well just got back from my test. 10 days ago I started studying for my A+ OS with my Specialized Solutions Book and CDROMs.

Well I dunno why I was stressed I passed with 865!

Well onto the N+ now, I got my exam in 3 weeks so I better start studying!
  • Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    Congrats! That is a great score!!! You are moving onto Network+ aweful fast! I hope to take my Net+ in 3 to 4 weeks as well. Best of luck to ya!!!
    Congrats on the pass, and good luck with the network+.
  • carbunklecarbunkle Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I started studying and passed my net+ in three weeks but I had a lot of free time
  • maanitrulesmaanitrules Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats...
    i am planning on taking my A+ OS before the 26th...
    i havent prepared anything for it..
    any suggestions for what i should do in order to prepare for it.. i have the mike meyers boook.. but i dont like reading.. and would like to do more practical stuff on the computer.. like taking tests and stuff..
    what is the specialized solutions book and cdroms.. where can i get them ASAP.. if i want to take the tests before 26th..
    any other help will be really appreciated..
    i am in a computer engineering class in high school... and if i can get my hands on some really good resources.. i can share with all my friends and help them too.. u guys were a big help to me for my A+ Hardware exam.. which i passed.. but i really need ur help with this one..
    thanx...
    Maanit
  • NeMiNaToRNeMiNaToR Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    www.specializedsolutions.com the stuff is VERY expensive thou, I got mine off my Training provider, thank god. Usually you learn and then see if you are ready with mock tests and then take the test. Doing mocks and trying to learn off that may pass you your test, but would it tell you which boot files ms dos uses? What about how to share a network printer? What about when you're on your job in the future, you gonna answer your problems with either an a,b,c,d response?

Read!
    Maanitrules

If you don't like reading your defintately going in to the wrong profession icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    If you don't like reading your defintately going in to the wrong profession

I can't agree with that more :) I don't know how many articles and documentation items I read every day. Some days I am not in the "mood" to be reading. But for the most part its very interesting and I definitely learn something new everyday!
    Every Sybex book that covers the MCSE track is AT LEAST 650pgs. x 7 books thats quite a lot of reading. Not to mention having to fill in the blanks with white papers, other books, Win2k Resource Kit.

Isn't the Mike Myers All In One like 1250pgs??
    Thats probably the biggest book I have (besides Win2k RSK which is 6 books)
    Yeah the Mike Meyers A+ book is a monster! It took me a while to get through because I did find it a little boring. But oh well...you gotta start somewhere in the Certification field and no better one than A+ right?
    Thats true the A+ is the best place to start.