For which version is the exam?

XeonkeeperXeonkeeper Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
For which version of windows server 2016 (1607,1703,1709) is exam:rollicon_confused.gif Because there ara a lot of major changes in versions, such as dedup for ReFS ant others. Thnks.
because there are a lot of major changes in the versionsbecause there are a lot of major changes in the versionsbecause there are a lot of major changes in the versionsbecause there are a lot of major changes in the versions

Comments

• XeonkeeperXeonkeeper Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sorry for my ctrl + c, I meant "Because there ara a lot of major changes in versions, such as dedup for ReFS and others. Thnks."
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Use the exam blueprint on the official Microsoft page to see what is included.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
    Phalanx wrote: »

This?
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-740.aspx
    nothing about version of windows.
    "Implement data deduplication
    • Implement and configure deduplication; determine appropriate usage scenarios for deduplication; monitor deduplication; implement a backup and restore solution with deduplication"
    In official practicle test I received a question about dedup and ReFS. What correct answer, because this function unavailable in 1703, but available in 1709?
  • srocky26srocky26 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    AS Phalanx said, follow the blueprint. If it's on the blueprint, then you need to know it. The exam isn't focused on a specific version.
  • backtrackerbacktracker Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Phalanx wrote: »
    srocky26 wrote: »
    AS Phalanx said, follow the blueprint. If it's on the blueprint, then you need to know it. The exam isn't focused on a specific version.

Follow this advice. I used the current evaluation OS versions available from the Microsoft website to build my labs.
    MSM-ISS (Information System Security)-'07 Colorado Tech.
    MCSE | MCSA X3 | Security + | Network +
    Well, how should I now answer the question of using deduplication on ReFS volumes? It's possible or not?
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Xeonkeeper wrote: »
    Well, how should I now answer the question of using deduplication on ReFS volumes? It's possible or not?

Ok, which exam number are you referring to, 70-740?
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

Ok, which exam number are you referring to, 70-740?

Yes, 70-740
    Xeonkeeper wrote: »
    Yes, 70-740

Ok, small tip and this is what I learnt from doing my Windows 10 exams as well as my Server 2016. Always use the evaluation iso from the MS website, not retail, MSDN or beta iso. From my experience the exam objects match with the evaluation versions. So don't worry about which version you need to use.

Also pay attention to the blue print and look for changes. I noticed since I passed my 70-740 they changed some of the exam objectives. Take a look, deduplication is still on there so you need to study it. Doesn't matter if its on ReFS volumes or NTFS. Microsoft will expect you to know from both sides.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

passed today 940\1000

I'm using latest Long-Term Servicing Channel 1607 windows server. As I understand the Semi-Annual Channel (1709 and 1803) are not considered in the exam.
    Congrats!
    Certifications:

• november24november24 Member Posts: 76 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited April 2019
    On April the 3rd 2019, I sent this question " Please advise the Windows Server 2016 version that the 70-740 exam based on." to MSL Content Development, and their answer was:
    "I’ve gotten confirmation from the team that it is the latest version, which is 1809."

so can we consider Dedup is implemented in ReFS?