Options

Nearly 2 years in the making...

skubasteveskubasteve Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
1 year and 9 months to be exact, and today I passed 70-298 with a 919 to officially become a MCSE. The last couple of tests were easier than the first few. I believe that may have to do with the exposure I've accumulated and most all of the tests seem to have overlapping objectives. This test (29icon_cool.gif was by far the easiest of all 7 tests. It pretty much covers a broad aspect of security from the design point of view, but if you're familiar with the fundamentals of security in a Microsoft enviroment, this test will more than likely be a walk in the park.

I used Microsoft 70-298 Self Paced Training Kit, CBT Nuggets, and a little Technet never hurt either.

The exams I took and the order I took them in...

1. 70-270
2. 70-350
3. 70-290
4. 70-291
5. 70-293
6. 70-294
7. 70-298

I'll be going for 70-299 and the security specialization next. I'm on the fence as to what direction I'll go after that. I'm leaning towards Cisco, but I've always wanted to pick up Linux (of which I have exactly 0 experience). I guess I'll make a decision one way or another after I get 299 under my belt.
"The search for static security - in the law and elsewhere - is misguided. The fact is security can only be achieved through constant change, adapting old ideas that have outlived their usefulness to current facts.”

-William Osler

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif Congrats! icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    wow...congratulations!

ps...about your signature...which schema is the table users from? icon_rolleyes.gif
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    skubasteveskubasteve Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ps...about your signature...which schema is the table users from? icon_rolleyes.gif

I seen it on a T-shirt at thinkgeek.com. I thought it was rather amusing. It is not aimed at users on this forum, and I apologize if it comes off that way. icon_redface.gif
    "The search for static security - in the law and elsewhere - is misguided. The fact is security can only be achieved through constant change, adapting old ideas that have outlived their usefulness to current facts.”

-William Osler
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    skubasteve wrote:
    I seen it on a T-shirt at thinkgeek.com. I thought it was rather amusing. It is not aimed at users on this forum, and I apologize if it comes off that way. icon_redface.gif

nah....no need to apologize, I dont think others, or at least myself did not take any offense.

It's just a funny signature....I've also seen something like
    who | grep 'sysadmin' > /dev/null

cheers~
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass. I need to finish my 284 to get the MCSE status myself. I'm taking the rest of my vacation days right now visiting my parent's in Chicago. When I get back to work I have so much work I don't know when I'll be doing my 284. icon_sad.gif
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Congrats!!!

Love the avatar!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats sir!! :)
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    icon_thumright.gif
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    congrats :D
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.