Great news! New Job

New2ITinCaliNew2ITinCali Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
I left my previous job after continued harassment from my manager. She put me on a Work Improvement Plan with the intention of firing me. Before she could do that, though, I interviewed at multiple places. I landed two job offers. The one I decided to take offered me more pay and better benefits. So, I ultimately secured a much better job, thanks to my evil manager for pushing me out. I'll be working as a Systems Administrator- closer to home, great connection with the manager, pay increase and good benefits. If you find yourself in a bad work environment, there's always hope that something better is out there for you. icon_biggrin.gif

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    When you put in your notice, did you get the "oh my goodness I'm so sad to see you go" from her? Awesome for you getting the new position! I hope it ends up being exponentially better for you!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!!! icon_thumright.gif

Best of luck at the new role
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Glad to hear it all worked out. Best of luck in the new gig.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats!!! Excellent.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nicely done! Grats
  • jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    "People don't leave their jobs, people leave their management" - Anonymous
  • L0rdN1k0nL0rdN1k0n Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jdancer wrote: »
    "People don't leave their jobs, people leave their management" - Anonymous

People don't quite companies, people quite people! - LA Fitness assistant general manager
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's great news! I remember reading your initial post at http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/132181-need-advice-i-believe-my-manager-wants-fire-me.html with much concern.

A similar situation occurred to me in a previous engagement. My new manager said I report to him as "my IQ and EQ are higher than yours"' icon_rolleyes.gif
    Nevertheless, I left not long after for a better job. :D
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the new job! I remember your original post about your situation. Good on you for being proactive and finding a new (and better!) opportunity.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • srjsrj Member Posts: 58 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,046 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mike7 wrote: »
    That's great news! I remember reading your initial post at http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/132181-need-advice-i-believe-my-manager-wants-fire-me.html with much concern.

Oh right! i thought OP's name sounded familiar.
    Always makes me feel good when the universe throws people a bone :]

Congrats on the new gig.

If you do an Exit interview, be sure to give all credit to your AssJ@ck manager for motivating you to find something better.

Although personally... i would actually feel more tempted to just "stop showing up to work".

Fedex your badge/phone/etc back to them... a few days later.
    lol
  • FlyOnTheWallFlyOnTheWall Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I also read your original thread and I'm glad to see it all worked out. Sometimes these things are just blessings in disguise, it forced you to be proactive and go looking, ultimately landing you in a much better situation. Congrats!