Mike Myers/Total Seminars Practice Tests on Udemy

tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□

Comments

• gchild00gchild00 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the heads up! I've like his material as well!
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I bought the first one. I'm going to try it out this weekend. If I like it, I'll get the others.
  • cledford3cledford3 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looming forward to feed back whether these are worth it.

Thanks!
    I just finished the first practice test of 125 questions.

The questions I saw were decent. There were a few gimmes, and I did see some repeats. In one case, it appeared that one question was just a rewording of another. I understand why he did that. He wants you to look at it from both sides. There were also a few typos, but that happens. I don't know if the questions were chosen at random or if you'll see the same questions each time you retake a test. I'll find out when I retake.

At the end of the test, you get an overall score and a breakdown of how you did in each domain. Then you can review your answers. He includes explanations as to why this answer is correct. Also, you can view your answers/explanations by domain.

The course I bought has four 125-question tests. He has created three courses. That's $30 for 1500 questions, which is a great deal. I'm going to get the other two while the price is still low. I figure I'll take one practice test per week while I'm studying and then hit them harder in the last few weeks before test time.
    By the way, these questions would be great for anyone pursuing SSCP. While some of them may be over the scope of SSCP, many of them will apply.
  • ArridTatooineArridTatooine Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ted have you tried the free one from Thor Pedersen on Udemy ?
  • BaldeagleBaldeagle Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys,

One question - Are the questions up to date, and covering the new CISSP 2018? i.e. Topics such as the Internet of Things (IOT), Cloud-Based systems and Attribute-based access control (ABAC) and old stuff dropped?
    Ted have you tried the free one from Thor Pedersen on Udemy ?

It's actually in my queue on Udemy. I do plan to use that as a review when I get closer to test time. He also offers individual courses on each domain at a small cost.
    Baldeagle wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

One question - Are the questions up to date, and covering the new CISSP 2018? i.e. Topics such as the Internet of Things (IOT), Cloud-Based systems and Attribute-based access control (ABAC) and old stuff dropped?

That I don't know. I just took the first test. I didn't see anything on those topics. Of course, that doesn't mean that I won't on later tests.