Passed CISSP

subhashdhyanisubhashdhyani Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yesterday i passed the CISSP exam, i must say it was very tough you can't say you have read this book or that book which helped. Exam tests you on your understanding of the concept, there are very few straight/direct questions. What you need is patience to read all the questions, analyse them and give most suitable answers, you can have one or more correct answers but there will be only one most suitable answer.

My exam tip is don't cram and understand the concept, its less technical and more conceptual and managerial.:D

Oh my exam preparation includes only the official CISSP seventh edition and few random websites where i searched for few points.
I have around 20 years of experience in IT and around 10 years in Managerial experience ( May be that is the reason i could think like a manager icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif)

I would also like to thank the members of this forum where i learned a lot about the exam.

All the best to everyone

Comments

• sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • gchild00gchild00 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • MalwareMikeMalwareMike Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! What's next on your list?
    Current: GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GWAPT, GYPC, RHCSA, WCNA
    2019 Goals: CISSP, Splunk certifications (Certified Core, Power User, Admin, and Architect)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Malware_Mike

• Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job there! icon_thumright.gif

Given your experience, how long did you prepare for it?
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • AninditaAnindita Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!how long did you prepare?
  • subhashdhyanisubhashdhyani Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone i prepared actually for around 6 months i am a slow reader with work family i could only spare around 2 hrs everyday and 4 hrs on the weekends.

I am not sure what to do next i am exploring CISA or my be CGEIT any advice on this?
  • roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! Don't forget the CRISC.
  • faris1faris1 Member Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! What were your strategy and discipline for your success?
  • CRAVEENCRAVEEN Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!. Can you please share your preparation experience, it would be helpful for me as well. I have similar experience and planning to take the certification in next two months
  • laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done - bet you're glad you don't have to resit the damn thing! ;)
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog
  • IdRatherNotIdRatherNot Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. What did you use for preparation?