CISA after CISSP. Am i ready ?

pgupta101pgupta101 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Being in IT Infrastructure support for over 15 year, i could pass CISSP exam virtually without any study.
But after going through CISA Q&A DB it seems i everything is going in wrong direction. I am having hard time adopting to ISACA mindset.
I have completed 1st review of the database with 70% marks and now its all repeat questions, where i already know the answers so able to score more than 80% !! so doesn't help reading the Q&A DB again.

I haven't read review manual yet.
Am i ready to take the CISA exam?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• scadascada Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am confused, did you already take and pass CISSP? I am working on CISM my next “big” cert after CISSP it seems to relate well. CISA would require additional study. The material doesn’t seem to be on the same path as CISSP.
  • roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No - totally different certification. Some things map over, but the way the test reads and flows is totally different. Even the CISM is different from the CISSP. I would use the ISACA question bank.
  • pgupta101pgupta101 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry for my bad english.
    Yes i passed CISSP and now completed CISA online Q&A DB.
    Is this enough to pass CISA exam?
  • scadascada Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would say that ISACA's material is pretty good. However, I am not sure If I would ever recommend 1 resource for an exam and then sit for it. Unless you have extensive audit experience from work.

Give it try and let us know. There are a few months before the next exam anyway.
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    pgupta101 wrote: »
    I have completed 1st review of the database with 70% marks and now its all repeat questions, where i already know the answers so able to score more than 80% !! so doesn't help reading the Q&A DB again.

I wouldn't say that going over the Q&A DB again after you completed it once won't be helpful. Did you go back on those items that you got incorrect during your first pass to understand the rationale on why you got it wrong?
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The most important thing is you need understand why the wrong answers were wrong.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!