Options

Passed the (ISC)2 CCSP Exam today

ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
God is good to me. This was a hard exam. This was my first time sitting in for this exam and the money came out of my own pocket, so I was $h1tt!ng bricks. That's all I can technically say about it per the NDA. Know your stuff. Read the questions thoroughly. Good luck!
Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! I got a few questions: how long did you study, what materials did you use and what is your background going in writing the exam? I previously did this exam back in March and just barely under the passing mark. I'm hoping to rewrite the exam in the next month or so. Great job.
  • Options
    I very very casually studied for about a year and a half, but when I wanted to take the exam, I studied about 8+ hours a day for about 2 weeks.

I'm currently a CISSP as an analyst. I work with on prem and cloud infrastructures across hybrid, and community deployments vetting CSPs for usage across saas, paas, and iaas service models all in a security prospective.

Good luck, since you already took it, you should know what to expect from the exam. I have used mostly NIST and available information from ISO, CSA materials as well as material from ENISA. Books from Ben Malisow is worth investing for the exam.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Congrats and Welcome to the CCSP club. :)
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    Got the official email from (ISC)2 on 8/2 of my official endorsement and certification as a CCSP. I took the exam on 7/3 so about a month after my submission and results and endorsement review. Not bad on turn around time. :)