Selling SANS books

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Please delete thread

Comments

• cshkurucshkuru Member Posts: 246 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's my understanding that selling your course materials is prohibited by your agreement with SANS. Am I mistaken? If not you may wish to remove your post as people on these forums take the ethics violations seriously and you will get reported.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    O dang. I did not know that. Good to know. Thanks for looking out.
  • cshkurucshkuru Member Posts: 246 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    at my last job in an AF SOC there was a resource chest with all kinds of Cyber and programming books to check out, and since so many of the airmen take several SANS courses a year, invariably a ton of the courseware wound up making its way in there. What would the ethics police say about utilizing those ?
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    at my last job in an AF SOC there was a resource chest with all kinds of Cyber and programming books to check out, and since so many of the airmen take several SANS courses a year, invariably a ton of the courseware wound up making its way in there. What would the ethics police say about utilizing those ?

With all the money SANS get from military personnel I would guess they'd just happen to be "too busy" to look into this matter.
  • johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    . What would the ethics police say about utilizing those ?

hahahahahhahahahahahaha icon_lol.gifhahahahahhahahahaha

We have an entire city of ethics police residing on this forum haha.

People come up here regularly stating stuff that the ethics police would tackle them for and pray they get a certification revoked hahahah
    Considering this site is not secure, you have to use all types of VPN's and whatever secure tunnel (on top of another secure tunnel) you use to make sure nobody hands out your IP Address icon_lol.gif.

I seen a post today with someone talking about if someone posts **** to give them bad rep and recommend them checking cert guard. Yes, anything you say avatar belonging to someone I have never met in my life. Anything you say...

Realistically JosephAndre, you and I both know that organizations are smart. I have personally seen a plethora of SANS books in a Security Operations Center. It happens. I don't see nothing wrong with it. How people get caught up is talking about it.

Two or three times a year (or more) someone comes and attempts to sell SANS books. They are all over eBay. They have been on eBay for years. If SANS wanted to find out who was selling SANS books they could buy the books from the individual and find out.

SANS is making millions of dollars a year. Go scroll through the live courses they are hosting this year (and next year) all over the world. Look at how many classes they are doing. The have a Las Vegas event coming up with over 40 courses. I am sure they are making a cool easy million just out of the Las Vegas week alone.

Almost every week in a different and some same places on the globe. I am sure they have better things to do with the time and resources. But, I am sure they welcome the ethics police with open arms. People have been selling material and cheating for years. Just because we attempt to stop it does not mean we will stop it. You can block someone on this site. Ok, cool. How hard is it to use another IP address and email address to register for another account? This is the internet people don't use real names anymore. Anonymity is important to some people and good or bad I suggest it. YouTube has videos of hiding your identity. It's not rocket science. I am not saying let it happen but I have grown to semi-understand it's going to happen.
  • johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Please delete thread

Nope. We are going to keep the thread alive and going. The wall of shame for you Mister!