Options

25% off Boson this month

albinorhino187albinorhino187 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
25% off sale at Boson this month. Finally got me to pull the trigger on their CCNP Route and T-Shoot exams. I was thinking about it for a while at 15%, had a rep offer me 20% a couple months ago when my job was considering a purchase, but now 25% is just too good.
CCIE RS - Written (Goal: July 2019) [ ] Lab [ ]

Comments

• Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I highly recommend the BOSON exam simulator for those taking the CISSP exam. It has great explanations and it definitely puts you in the mindset of an InfoSec Manager.
  • Options
    barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Perfect thanks for this it's given me the kick up the backside to buy the CCENT practice exam and get this one done!
    Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
    https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Options
    roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wish they had questions for the CCSP. Would love to use them for that test.
  • Options
    labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
    DZA_ wrote: »
    I highly recommend the BOSON exam simulator for those taking the CISSP exam. It has great explanations and it definitely puts you in the mindset of an InfoSec Manager.

Are the Boson exams worth paying for to prep for the 501 Security +? I know some of their material is well regarded for some exams, and some are not. I don't want to waste the money if it's not going to be beneficial.
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    @Roxer - I would totally agree too! Too bad they don't have it, it would be an asset.

@Labscloud - I haven't personally purchased the BOSON exam prep for Security+, is there a way that you can demo some of their content? Have others posted any reviews using their exam prep under the security+ sub forum?
  • Options
    MalwareMikeMalwareMike Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used Boson for my Cisco studies...quality material, good find!
    Current: GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GWAPT, GYPC, RHCSA, WCNA
    2019 Goals: CISSP, Splunk certifications (Certified Core, Power User, Admin, and Architect)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Malware_Mike

• Options
    albinorhino187albinorhino187 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Labscloud, if you get Darril Gibson's book then that's really all you need. I used solely that book when I first took the test in 2010, and again last year after they revised it, and both times I had no issues.
    CCIE RS - Written (Goal: July 2019) [ ] Lab [ ]
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've only used BOSON for C|EH and I thought it was very helpful.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    backtrackerbacktracker Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I tried the 70-742 material and liked it. I thought the explanations were strong. Good stuff.
    MSM-ISS (Information System Security)-'07 Colorado Tech.
    MCSE | MCSA X3 | Security + | Network +
  • Options
    malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I tried the 70-742 material and liked it. I thought the explanations were strong. Good stuff.

How did it compare to the exam? Because Im taking my 70-742 soon I need a place which can help me with some of the questions I would get wrong.

I tried Kaplan with my 70-697 last year and it wasn't good. Many of the questions wasn't relevant to 70-697.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Options
    backtrackerbacktracker Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How did it compare to the exam? Because Im taking my 70-742 soon I need a place which can help me with some of the questions I would get wrong.

I tried Kaplan with my 70-697 last year and it wasn't good. Many of the questions wasn't relevant to 70-697.

I haven't used Kaplan, the only other experience with practice exams I have is MeasureUp. Without derailing the OP's topic or turning this into a Microsoft test post I'll say this; The Boson interface/test engine is well refined, more so than MeasureUP's. It just works and looks better, imho. The quality of the explanations on the material I saw was clearly better. Boson would give a small paragraph to explain a wrong answer vs. 1 terse sentence.
    MSM-ISS (Information System Security)-'07 Colorado Tech.
    MCSE | MCSA X3 | Security + | Network +
  • Options
    mrkdiskmrkdisk Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info I just paid for the kit for the CISSP.
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've used Boson for CEHv8, CCNA Security 210-260, and CISSP 2015 version. I am planning on getting it for CCNP R&S as well, once I get some financial stuff figured out. I have nothing but good things to say about the Boson practice exams. They have been the most accurate compared to the actual exams.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College