Options

CCNP wants to skip CCDA study for CCDP

denfrombedenfrombe Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I'm finishing my CCNP R&S this month and I have plan to start design adventure. I'm so excited.

But I have the idea to skip the study of 200-310, study CCDP materials and take the two exams in a short time.

What do you think about that ? Is the 300-320 features cover everything seen inside 200-310 ?

Denis

Comments

• Options
    Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    There's bound to be parts that builds on the ccda. There's no harm in studying for ccda but not actually sitting the exam, then moving direct to ccdp
  • Options
    Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    My bad, I misunderstood. You will have to sit the ccda exam to get ccdp, so you will need to study it in my opinion as it will build on it for the ccdp. It will expect prerequisite knowledge without a doubt
  • Options
    denfrombedenfrombe Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I know that I must take the CCDA exam to get access to the CCDP one. It sounds CCDP is hard enough, so maybe the better thing is to read the CCDA books, take the exam and then read CCDP books and take it afterward.

My goal is to achieve CCDP, I just wanted to avoid reading 1k pages of CCDA if all the features are remembered inside CCDP stuffs :)
  • Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The CCDA exam doesn't cover a ton of stuff that is on the CCDP exam so you'll find yourself reading both books anyways. But like you said CCDA -> CCDP is a better path. I believe you can take the CCDP exam if you have your CCNA as it is on the same level as CCNP but you will not get the official cert unless you pass CCDA because is it a prerequisite.

Here is some helpful links i found when I took the exam:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccda-ccdp/130838-passed-arch-exam-300-320-a.html
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    cratermancraterman Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It is totally different materials. To simplify CCDA tell about "what device you need to use and when you should to place it". And CCDP tell about "what protocol you need to use in which cases"