Anyone taken 71-621 yet? :)

LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
Reports please! =]

Comments

• NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I haven't yet, mine is booked for the 5th of Jan, so I'd also like to hear how the exam is like.

Got a few study material's (books, CBT & playing around with Vista on my work laptop), but since there isn't a "proper" training program as of yet, still unsure icon_confused.gif

Well's see what happens

-ken
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NinjaBoy wrote:
    I haven't yet, mine is booked for the 5th of Jan, so I'd also like to hear how the exam is like.

Got a few study material's (books, CBT & playing around with Vista on my work laptop), but since there isn't a "proper" training program as of yet, still unsure icon_confused.gif

Well's see what happens

-ken

Right there with you mate! :) I'm taking the exam on the 4th of Jan - Using CBT Nuggers, Vista RC1 and various books.
  • SirDragoSirDrago Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will take mine on the 5th of January too.

In this thread is one review:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19698
    May the force be with us :D
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I take the 71-621 exam on December 30th. I have been using Vista RC2 and Windows Vista Enterprise to study. I have heard this exam is difficult. I am looking foward to taking it.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • SirDragoSirDrago Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sthomas wrote:
    I take the 71-621 exam on December 30th. I have been using Vista RC2 and Windows Vista Enterprise to study. I have heard this exam is difficult. I am looking foward to taking it.

I hope it won't be too difficult. Could you please write a review after you've taken the exam? :)
    sthomas wrote:

Not long now, 3 more days. Good luck.

-ken
  • kyrikazekyrikaze Member Posts: 111
    Well I've just taken the 71-621 UPG MCDST to MCITP Entreprise Support. icon_cool.gif

I had 80 Questions and 230 Minutes (I think they gived me a littre more time to complete because i'am french and for non US people, when u take an Microsoft exam, they always gived u a bonus of 30 minutes to complete).

I have been using Vista RC1 and Windows Vista Ultimate to study, and also those books:

- Introducing Windows VISTA MS PRESS
    - Vista Revelé (French version of VISTA Revealed)

The exam don't look more difficult thant another exam, if u have succed with MCDST, i don't think it will be a problem to do the same with this one.

Few questions deals with Upgrade from W2k or XP, Troubleshoot with w2003 server (dns problem, IP in Apipa mode, Ipv6..), Two questions about Parental Control, One about Bluetooth and Activesync, some about IE7 security Protected Mode, One about Tablec PC, One about Calendar...

They always propose a lot of possibility, adn you have some times to choose between, what u think is right to do, and what Micrososft say U have to do.

Now, i'am waiting for the result, they says, i have to wait 8 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_eek.gif
    Best of luck mate! :) Thanks for the review, much appreciated.

Can you upgrade directly from 2000 to Vista? I presume that any OS prior to Vista requires you to upgrade to 2K/XP before Vista?
    You can upgrade to VISTA, from XP, VISTA (other versions Home to ULTIMATE for example) or from Win 2000 but the Service Pack 4 must be installed! :)
    Cool, thanks for the update :)

Looking forward to it. Less than a week to go icon_confused.gif

-Ken
    A last news! :)

I heard, that those who get the MCITP Enterprise support, (so those who upgrade with the 71-621 too) will also become MCTS du to the new Microsoft Certification.

Look what i found on the microsoft website:

MCDSTs will need to take only one exam (70-621) to earn the MCTS and MCITP: Enterprise Support certifications instead of following the direct path of three exams....

So I think that, if we succed, we'll be MCTST Enterprise Support en MCTS Windows Vista, Configuration.

Nice to know it !!!!!

I hope it'll be good ! :P
    Even more pressure now!!! :D
    I went to take the exam this morning and when I got there the person that worked there told me I was unable to take the exam because of some problems they were having and I had to reschedule the exam. icon_mad.gif

I called prometric and luckily I was able to reschedule the exam for Jan. 6th
    sthomas wrote:
    I went to take the exam this morning and when I got there the person that worked there told me I was unable to take the exam because of some problems they were having and I had to reschedule the exam. icon_mad.gif

I called prometric and luckily I was able to reschedule the exam for Jan. 6th

D'oh, how annoying. Good point: more time to study, bad point: you were ready to take the exam today, now you have to wait icon_sad.gif

Oh well, good luck :)

-Ken
    kyrikaze wrote:
    questions deals with Upgrade from W2k or XP, Troubleshoot with w2003 server (dns problem, IP in Apipa mode, Ipv6..), Two questions about Parental Control, One about Bluetooth and Activesync, some about IE7 security Protected Mode, One about Tablec PC, One about Calendar...

They always propose a lot of possibility, adn you have some times to choose between, what u think is right to do, and what Micrososft say U have to do.

Now, i'am waiting for the result, they says, i have to wait 8 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_eek.gif

Took the MCITP exam yesterday, been very busy so haven't had a chance to post. Yep had everything and alot more, there where alot of questions that were outside the realm of the technician and more into the system admins role. I put lots of comments in this exam.

Please be aware that the beta testers of this exam help MS with the way the exam is going to look like, so the final exam may not even look like what we have just taken.

To those that are going to do the exam good luck and please if you believe that the question is outside the remit of the technicians role please speak up and write your comments.

-Ken
    Took this exam on Thursday but just had change to post. 80 questions and 3 hours to take it, a lot of questions were very obscure and one had two correct answers. I kind of had to weed through the question and realised that they kind of gave me the answer within it!

In my opinion the exam was fair with a nice mix of questions (perhaps a few too many on UAC). Some were very poorly worded and a few even had obvious typos! 

Roll on 8 weeks!!

Does anybody know if there’s a chance that they may release the results sooner?

Regards,
    Don't know, according to the end screen of the exam it says: Results can take up to 8 weeks after the beta period ends" and according to the MS invite e-mail for this exam, the beta period finished on the 5th of Jan, so any time from now to 8 weeks. We should however get the results before this exam goes live.

Don't know about you, but since the end of the beta period, I've been checking the my personl transcript of the MCP site twice a day icon_lol.gif The only problem with that is that it'll only show me if I passed, not if I failed

-Ken
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Don't know about you, but since the end of the beta period, I've been checking the my personl transcript of the MCP site twice a day The only problem with that is that it'll only show me if I passed, not if I failed

Me too, plus the candidate history option on the Prometric site. Still nothing yet though!
    Up Next : Not sure :o
    HAHA! :) I'm doing exactly the same thing!
    geekie wrote:
    Me too, plus the candidate history option on the Prometric site. Still nothing yet though!

Don't bother with the testing centre site (prometric/vue) they just say "taken", not pass or fail.

-Ken
  • zerok00lzerok00l Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I do not know about Vue, but Prometric will tell you if you pass or fail. I have taken several of the beta exams and I have received results for a couple on the Prometric history. It simply indicates passed or failed. I received the pass there but I have not seen anything in the mail from Microsoft nor have I seen anything on the MCP site. The 70-621 is the third Vista Beta test I have taken and there are some questions that I see that were the same on all three tests. It is like described above, 80 questions 3 hours and it was about desktop support but did have a lot of Sys Admin level questions. It should not be to hard for you if you have your MCDST and you have been messing with Vista. The CBT Nugget is good as well as it shows you the Beta 2 version.

I took mine on the 8th.

Good Luck.
    In light of all the darkness!
    I do not know about Vue, but Prometric will tell you if you pass or fail. I have taken several of the beta exams and I have received results for a couple on the Prometric history. It simply indicates passed or failed. I received the pass there but I have not seen anything in the mail from Microsoft nor have I seen anything on the MCP site.

I took my beta exams at prometric and in my exam history on the prometric site it just says tested. I have been waiting for the results for 71-620 for 8+ weeks now and it still says tested.
  • gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello sthomas

As far as I know, all the folks took 71-620 with promteric should be getting their results today.

For me, I am still waiting for my results anxiously from VUE. icon_cry.gif

Also talked to Microsoft MCP HelpDesk and it is possible to take 3 months for the results to be showing up on your MS transcript. icon_sad.gif
    eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)
    sthomas wrote:
    I do not know about Vue, but Prometric will tell you if you pass or fail. I have taken several of the beta exams and I have received results for a couple on the Prometric history. It simply indicates passed or failed. I received the pass there but I have not seen anything in the mail from Microsoft nor have I seen anything on the MCP site.

I took my beta exams at prometric and in my exam history on the prometric site it just says tested. I have been waiting for the results for 71-620 for 8+ weeks now and it still says tested.

Just noticed you have "MCTS: Vista" in your "Certs" there.... did u pass it? :D
    LukeQuake wrote:
    sthomas wrote:

Just noticed you have "MCTS: Vista" in your "Certs" there.... did u pass it? :D

I just found out today that I passed the MCTS: Vista exam. I am still looking foward to finding out if I passed the MCTIP: Enterprise Support Tech upgrade exam though.
  • gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrat, sthomas

I am still waiting for my results from VUE. icon_cry.gif
    eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)
    sthomas wrote:
    I just found out today that I passed the MCTS: Vista exam. I am still looking foward to finding out if I passed the MCTIP: Enterprise Support Tech upgrade exam though.

Congrats :)

-Ken