Options

Cybersecurity Jobs That Don't Require a Security Clearance in the DC Area?

jamesindcjamesindc Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm curious...are there cybersecurity jobs out there that DON'T require a security clearance..specifically in the DC area?

Thank you.
icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm assuming you are referring to government or government contractor jobs, there may be some. Your best bet is to go to the contractors' websites and search for cybersecurity jobs, if available, using the clearance level filter and set it to none.

Of course there are cybersecurity jobs in the commercial and private sectors. While they do conduct background checks, they do not require clearances.

Keep in mind most government IT jobs require access to classified networks which require a clearance.

Another option you may want to consider is deploying, for some companies there is high turnover and may sponsor a clearance, or just apply anyway to cybersecurity jobs requiring secret clearances, who knows, a company may sponsor you anyway. Good luck.
  • Options
    thedudeabidesthedudeabides Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've started to be able to spot the clearance jobs here in Atlanta. As soon as I start reading a security job description and their list of demands sounds somewhat reasonable, I know it's going to say "Secret Clearance Required" at the bottom.
    2019 Goals: CCNP R&S
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Look on Indeed and do a search. I kinda doubt you will find anything that does not need a security clearance (especially around the DC area) but I could be wrong.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Current DC area resident. Majority of jobs are gov't contractor and require clearance. But there are plenty of commercial sector jobs which don't.

See if you can do a job search using "Does not contain: Clearance" or something.
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP