SSMS 2016 Express with Advanced Services?

DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
Anyone have a chance to use this? It looks like it has some SSIS capabilities.

Just curious what you thought.

I currently have SSMS express 2016 on my home box, but I am thinking about removing that install and reinstalling this version. I'm just not sure if it has SQL Agent or if you have to use DTEXEC

Don't get mad at me I didn't pass 462, ;)

Comments

• DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just a heads up

Installed 2016 express and visual studio 2015 community, with SSDT.

Starting to work on my first data mart, looking at corruption index and other country metrics. I'm hoping to concept something I can maybe sell or offer a service too.
    Be careful if you go to Visual Studio 2017, there are add-ins for SSAS and SSRS development, but nothing for SSIS yet. So I would recommend staying with 15 until they get that feature installed.

[FONT=&quot]https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ProBITools.MicrosoftReportProjectsforVisualStudio[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ProBITools.MicrosoftAnalysisServicesModelingProjects[/FONT]
  • nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just updated my home computer to SQL Server 2016 and SSMS 2017. Currently trying to work through the 70-761 Querying Data with Transact-SQL 2016 exam ref.
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
    nachodba wrote: »
    I just updated my home computer to SQL Server 2016 and SSMS 2017. Currently trying to work through the 70-761 Querying Data with Transact-SQL 2016 exam ref.

Sounds great best of luck!

I was looking at the BI route for the MCSA. Doesn't seem to be too much material for it yet.
    nachodba wrote: »

Hahaha

I actually bought the books for 761 and 762. I am interested in learning more about Temporial tables and JSON import/export....
    One last thing.......

The developer version of SQL server is pretty nice especially if you install all the bells and whistles... Python, R, etc...