Options

NIST CSF Foundation and Practitioner Certification

psuchitpsuchit Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone looked into or have any review of NIST CSF foundation and Practitioner Certification? Some feedback from this community on this topic would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Suchit

Comments

• Options
    psuchitpsuchit Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know this is pretty new .. but I am sure someone here has researched this and has formed some opinion on this certification path !! Please feel free to drop in and add some thoughts. Appreciate the input ..
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looks pretty cool. The pessimistic side of me thinks it will not be very good. I hope someone will chime in with insight proving me wrong.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The CAP by ISC2 has been around for a while and it’s based on NIST as well, but it rarely is listed in job postings. Actually implementing NIST for a full job is a pretty small subset of positions and almost all of them are U.S. government or contractors. Knowing NIST documents is great but honestly unless you are going to be an evaluator of compliance, being certified probably isn’t worth the money. Also, there are several implementation flavors of NIST within the government, so actually knowing the flavors is much more valuable...but the only way that will happen is if you work in that environment.