Axelos launching ITIL 4 in early 2019, What do You think?

amit-seoamit-seo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
The industry are facing change which are sudden and quick in which organization have to accept and succeed in changing environment. That’s why Axelos will soon launching next version of ITIL to overcome this unprecedented change.

What organization wants to face this fast paced and complex Environment?
  • Become more agile
  • Prepared and equipped at what they do
  • Always ready to adopt new ways of working to succeed.
Highlight of ITIL 4:
  • First release of ITIL 4 in Early 2019.
  • Core elements of ITIL remain constant and still ITIL remains the best practice for ITSM industry.
  • ITIL 4 will include practical guidance and how to adapt ITIL in synchronization with practices such as Agile, DevOps and Lean.
  • The current certified professional will remain recognized in the new scheme.
So What do you experts think about this update, Is industry ready for ITIL 4 or still is it too early for ITIL 4?

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi amit, I think the world is definitely ready for ITIL 4. There's not much information available at the moment so as someone who's grown up with ITIL and an ITIL trainer I'm eager to learn more. Claire
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    BUT would the people who took ITIL 3 have to take the exam again?
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well, it is time to do ITIL 3 ASAP while material is up to date.
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    BUT would the people who took ITIL 3 have to take the exam again?

ITIL exams don't expire so probably not, well at least not to keep the ITIL cert. But ITIL is not that hard so I may do so anyway lol.
    Well, it is time to do ITIL 3 ASAP while material is up to date.
    I'm just the opposite, if I didn't already have ITIL, I would be gunning for the v4. I did the same with PRINCE2, went for the 2015 exam even though the 2009 version was out and had tons of material while material for the 2015 was scarce.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I will be pounding that one out very soon then after I smash this last exam to get my MCSE!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    We've put together a blog that includes everything we know about ITIL 4 so far (not much!). We'll keep updating it as more information is released. https://itsm.zone/knowledge-desk/itil-news/itil-4-the-itil-update-coming-soon/
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Thank you, Claire
    Never let your fear decide your fate....