eJPT Passed

renzoncruzrenzoncruz Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just wanted to say I passed the eJPT course exam (eLearnSecurity Junior Penetration Tester) from eLearnSecurity and I would say I didn't expect to learned that much on this course. This course is jumpack of basic pentest tools and techniques as well as the lab exercises that makes this course awesome! I am highly recommend this tool for those who are beginner to infosec (red or blue) as it may helps you to understand things generally. I got 90% which could be 100% if I count properly on the first two questions lol.

As an infosec working on the blue side of things (Defense) it is also essential for us to know these offensive approach to better understand the alerts being detected in our daily lives in SOC. It also helps me to understand what should be check first if ever I encounter these attacks from the wild from the DFIR perspective.

Next course is the Digital Forensic Professional course from ELS again. Who completed this course already?

Comments

• josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats.

What do you do in Doha? I'm out here as well.
  • renzoncruzrenzoncruz Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.

What do you do in Doha? I'm out here as well.

Hey bro thanks. I'm here for work. Just got here last January this year. And you?
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Same. Only been here since May
    You also in infosec field mate? Where do you work?
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats and great work! It's on my long list of things to complete.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • KS_CabledogKS_Cabledog Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just passed the eJPT too and agree it was a great learning experience.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! I’ll be starting it soon.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass renzoncruz! icon_cheers.gif

This is included in my list too, but decided to do some preparatory readings first.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
    Congrats on the pass renzoncruz! icon_cheers.gif

This is included in my list too, but decided to do some preparatory readings first.

Goodluck dude. I know you can do it for sure :)
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I really don't believe you need to prep before taking the course. It is for beginners and from what I listened to in the course they definitely build your foundation before dropping you into hacking. Jump right in the water is fine!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Agree with the_Grinch.
    Study course materials and practice labs until you are familiar with the tools.
    I passed eJPT recently with 100% and finish the quiz in less than 2 hours.
  • MalwareMikeMalwareMike Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Current: GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GWAPT, GYPC, RHCSA, WCNA
    2019 Goals: CISSP, Splunk certifications (Certified Core, Power User, Admin, and Architect)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Malware_Mike