Options

Which class ?

Ungadunga911Ungadunga911 Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
I know linux is important to learn, its been two years sense i took my intro to linux class and am worried i might be in over my head, their is a lab with the linux class as well. In regards to Unix, can anyone give me any info on what this class will consist of or which one would benefit me more. Im leaning towards linux.
[h=3]Information Technology 471 - Adv Linux Admin[/h]
Planning, design and implementation of advanced services in LINUX server. Emphasis is on the application and use of LINUX and open source technologies.

or

[h=3]Computer Science & Statistics 360 - Unix Op Sys[/h]
History, operating system fundamentals, basics, file system, informational and text utilities, vi editor, Bourne shell programming, X windows, networking, awk and perl programming.

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    both would be good.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's almost like every single grammatical faux pas is sought out and intentionally written...
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Both would be good, but if you want one that will be more in depth I would assume that the first one would be more involved.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Unix course appears to be much more computer science based where you'll learn the fundamentals of an operating systems. Where as the Linux courses appears to be more geared towards actual administration. Thus whatever fits more with your plans would be the way I would go. Personally, I'd take the Unix course because it will give you the most knowledge and lead to making you a better Linux Admin (if that is your aim).
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    agreed.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....