Sans mgt414

OmniManOmniMan Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone ever done this to prepare for the CISSP? Worked signed me up for SANS training and I was curious if you all think this would be sufficient training to pass the CISSP?

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I know a few guys who went through it. They all thought it was adequate preparation for the real one, and a few actually thought the GISP exam was tougher than the CISSP exam, so I'd say this would be a good training course for it.
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have few coworkers took the "On demand" course. My coworkers not only need to take the SANS exam because of the voucher, but also have to prepare for CISSP. Two out of three of my colleagues passed the SANS GISP exam, but nobody take the CISSP exam yet. They said the SANS training provide some good idea on what to study. That was the only benefits from they told me.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I did the on-demand. I thought it was a very slow and I skipped through it but the coverage was decent. This course was what I used for the exam. Minor caveat - this was a while ago so it could be different today.
  • infoseclawyerinfoseclawyer Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the live training with David Miller and highly recommend it. Add some practice questions and you'll be good to go. I took, and passed, the CISSP exam 6 weeks after the course.
  • al88al88 Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took the live training with David Miller and highly recommend it. Add some practice questions and you'll be good to go. I took, and passed, the CISSP exam 6 weeks after the course.

Nice! Congrats!
    I'm taking the course next month, have you attempted GISP? Was it that different (along the practice) from CISSP exam?
  • infoseclawyerinfoseclawyer Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I decided not to do the GISP. I also wanted to mention that Eric Conrad's MP3's, which you get once the course is finished, were recorded in April of this year, so the stories and examples are timely. He's also quite funny, too. I would recommend giving them a listen when you're out and about. I only got to domain four with the MP3's, but I still saw benefit. Perhaps only listen to the domains you're struggling with? Good luck and have fun!
  • djphunknastydjphunknasty Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I decided not to do the GISP. I also wanted to mention that Eric Conrad's MP3's, which you get once the course is finished, were recorded in April of this year, so the stories and examples are timely. He's also quite funny, too. I would recommend giving them a listen when you're out and about. I only got to domain four with the MP3's, but I still saw benefit. Perhaps only listen to the domains you're struggling with? Good luck and have fun!

The MP3's for Eric Conrad sound interesting. I listened to some earlier ones done by Dr. Eric Cole, and they were excellent!
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I listened to some earlier ones done by Dr. Eric Cole, and they were excellent!

+1

Although the MP3 I listened to was still based on the 10 domains, I still found it very useful and relevant. bowing.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]