Passed eJPT Exam

KS_CabledogKS_Cabledog Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm excited that I just passed the eJPT exam! The coursework and labs were some of the best I've come across so far and I definitely enjoyed learning and practicing new skills. There's probably a bit more hand holding in the training materials compared to more advanced training, but as a entry level/junior course/exam I think this is acceptable. In the end, thorough study of the coursework and labs taught me the basics of pen testing and prepared me for passing the eJPT exam.

I suspect the eJPT does not rate highly for most, but for lifelong telecom professional looking to switch to infosec I found it valuable to gain some hands-on training experience versus the high level talk found in most training and certs I've taken so far.

I also now have a greater appreciation for persistence in tackling a hard problem - getting stuck sucks, but finally overcoming a stubborn obstacle feels awesome!

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! You looking to do eCPPT next?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • KS_CabledogKS_Cabledog Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!

Not sure what's next. The eCPPT is relatively expensive and not nearly as well known as CEH or OSCP.

Thinking of spending a few months working on immersive labs, hackthebox, pentester lab, and some vulnhub boxes and then signing up for OSCP.
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you get access to Immersive Labs through your company subscription?
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • KS_CabledogKS_Cabledog Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pretty sure my company does not have an agreement with Immersive Labs.

I saw they offer free access to students so got access that way. I knocked out the unix labs and will check out some of the more advanced ones in a bit.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • securitychopssecuritychops Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    way to go on the pass! :D
    Current Certs   : OSCE, OSCP, CISSP, Pentest+, Security+, SLAE, SLAE64
    Goals for 2019 : OSEE
    Goals for 2020 : OSWE
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • MalwareMikeMalwareMike Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Current: GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GWAPT, GYPC, RHCSA, WCNA
    2019 Goals: CISSP, Splunk certifications (Certified Core, Power User, Admin, and Architect)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Malware_Mike

• KracknHackKracknHack Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello, I have just enrolled in eJPT and trying to install vpn and get connected to labs. I have a couple of queries. After downloading the openvpn file from the portal for the first time, could you suggest how do we need to connect to labs?

As in do I now open the hera labs portal from my Kali vmware? Or do I need to do that from my host system (windows) ? how can I further connect to the first lab of Traffic Sniffing?
  • KracknHackKracknHack Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The lab manual says:
    Before starting your Lab, download and install OpenVPN Client from here:https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.htmlOnce the client is installed, reboot your system (you actually have to reboot to avoid laterissues).

However, how do we install this after downloading and unzipping?
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Connect to VPN via Kali VM. Just open a terminal and run "openvpn ./filename.ovpn"
  • tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
    did find that I could only use the downloaded key once. So if you left the session you needed a new key. That doesn't get explained.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    triplea wrote: »
    did find that I could only use the downloaded key once. So if you left the session you needed a new key. That doesn't get explained.
    Oh... the UI isn't that bad. You always ask for help from eLS forum at https://community.elearnsecurity.com/