Options

CISSP Endorsement

MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have a quick question about getting endorsed after passing the CISSP exam. I know three people that have their CISSP certification. One I just met and the other two I worked with but haven't worked with them in over 5 years. They all know what I do for work, but should they really be endorsing me or should I just have ISC2 endorse me?

Comments

• Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    At the time I passed, I didn't know anyone who had a CISSP well enough where they would feel comfortable endorsing me. So I simply had the ISC2 endorse me. It wasn't unduly difficult, I provided where I could job descriptions from my employers as well as submitting evidence of my stop and start dates.
  • Options
    yeah it seems easy enough. Maybe I'll just do that.

For me, all my experience is coming from my current employer. I've had a few positions within the company, so should I add each position separately, or combine them all into 1?
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I was in the same scenario of having multiple roles within the same organization, I did the positions separately. It should be fine as long has you have demonstrated the experiences in each of the domains.
  • Options
    MitM wrote: »
    yeah it seems easy enough. Maybe I'll just do that.

For me, all my experience is coming from my current employer. I've had a few positions within the company, so should I add each position separately, or combine them all into 1?

I agree with DZA_, list them separately. At the very least, no one can say you are misrepresenting yourself.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I listed them separately. I need to provide proof of employment. I don't have employment contracts or offer letters. Is it okay to have my HR department or my boss write and sign a letter stay stating that I held those positions?
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I guess it's okay to go ahead and ask your HR Department for a Certificate of Employment or an equivalent document. However, I'm not sure if they can list all of your previous posts, but should be able to indicate the date when you started working for your current company.

On the endorsement process thru ISC2, I've read in some of the posts here that the waiting time was a bit shorter than having your colleague endorse you.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I listed them separately. I need to provide proof of employment. I don't have employment contracts or offer letters. Is it okay to have my HR department or my boss write and sign a letter stay stating that I held those positions?

I was fortunate in that most of my employers used theworknumber, which could provide proof of start and stop dates. While the report did include salary history, ISC2 emphasized that I must redact that as they are not interested in salaries at all. For one employer I did have to contact them for a letter on company letterhead stating my start and stop dates, which they did for me.
  • Options
    LordQarlyn wrote: »
    I was fortunate in that most of my employers used theworknumber, which could provide proof of start and stop dates. While the report did include salary history, ISC2 emphasized that I must redact that as they are not interested in salaries at all. For one employer I did have to contact them for a letter on company letterhead stating my start and stop dates, which they did for me.

Thanks for the info. After I contacted ISC2 to make sure it's acceptable, I had my HR dept write up and sign a proof of employment. I completed my Endorsement application earlier.

Now I wait.....
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. After I contacted ISC2 to make sure it's acceptable, I had my HR dept write up and sign a proof of employment. I completed my Endorsement application earlier.

Now I wait.....

I think it was about a week when I got the news back my work history was accepted. Good luck!
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Waiting is the hardest part, good luck with your application!