Options

Any CISSPers taken 70-697 and 70-698?

mattlyonsmattlyons Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the CISSP in 08/2017. This led to a new job as an ISSM. My new boss is requiring that I get my Windows 10 certification now by passing 70-697 and 70-698. I ordered the two books yesterday, started reading this Windows 10 forum here and am just starting to get mentally ready to start studying again. Including one failed attempt, I studied 9 long months for the CISSP and it took a toll on me and my family.

Is there anyone that passed the CISSP and then took these two exams? How do they compare? What are the test formats? Just looking for overall thoughts as I wait for my books to come in.

Comments

• Options
    D113D113 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Either test is easier than the CISSP, but Microsoft tests are still fairly challenging. Microsoft's method of asking questions and presenting answer choices is very unique and is not like any other test vendor that I have encountered. If CISSP took you nine months, I think you could pass both Windows 10 exams within six months.

Did your boss provide a deadline for getting the Windows 10 MCSA?
  • Options
    shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Coincidentally, just found out yesterday that we are now required to obtain the Win 10 MCSA before the end of the year...
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mattlyons wrote: »
    I passed the CISSP in 08/2017. This led to a new job as an ISSM. My new boss is requiring that I get my Windows 10 certification now by passing 70-697 and 70-698. I ordered the two books yesterday, started reading this Windows 10 forum here and am just starting to get mentally ready to start studying again. Including one failed attempt, I studied 9 long months for the CISSP and it took a toll on me and my family.

Is there anyone that passed the CISSP and then took these two exams? How do they compare? What are the test formats? Just looking for overall thoughts as I wait for my books to come in.
    Why is he wasting your time and his money by requiring a security guy taking Windows 10 certifications? ISSM is far removed from doing help desk and touching equipment.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil