Passed Security + 401 July 27th

jah8887jah8887 Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wanted to say I passed the Security Plus 401 on Friday icon_cheers.gif. I finally got my 3 base certs now I am looking at the next few things of what I should be aiming for. I would say the resources that help me the most were this forums advice, CBT nuggets, Darrill Gibson's book and his online flash cards and practice test bundle along with some Professor Messer videos. So glad thats over now, I am debating on which next cert I should get. Torn between Server +, CCNA, Linux + any recommendations?

Comments

• mauguilarmauguilar Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulaitons...
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the win! icon_thumright.gif

As to which certification to take next, which area of IT are you in right now? Maybe take the most relevant of the three you mentioned or look for other certifications that are aligned with your career.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I agree with Info_Sec_Wannabe !
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • jah8887jah8887 Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Right now I am a Systems admin for a small financial institution using Windows servers and Cisco networking devices. I am pondering about maybe even grabbing the MCSA for Server 2016 since I deal with it on a daily basis. I would like to get my CCNA at some point but I dont have a lab setup right now I could use at home. Same thing for Server 2016 at home I would probably need to lab while studying. I have noticed though that alot of people ask for the Linux cert and I have bare basic knowledge of it.