Going for the exam today.

Family_GuyFamily_Guy Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm going to take the OS exam at 1:00pm today. I feel/am under prepared, I tried to study for this exam in about 2 weeks so I could take it before it was retired. Add this to the fact that I work a full time job and had christmas to deal with and you get somebody who knows about 60% of the info. I'm going to go take it anyway, maybe i'll get lucky and will pass and can finish my studies after it's retirement. Normally, I wouldn't support such an action, the certification is worthless if you don't know the info, but lets be honest, half of A+ is outdated and superfluous information anyway. I'm pretty sure i'm going to fail, i'll update you on the outcome.
Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence. -Dawkins

2010 Path

Network+ : Started | Server+ : Pending
Security+ : Pending | Linux+ : Pending

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Depending on where (country) you live, if you read the announcement thread you'll notice the exam has been extended a few months.

Regardless, I think it's best to take it and get through it rather then put it off.
    Best of luck!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck!!!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Family_GuyFamily_Guy Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    W00000t! I passed, it was a low score (660) but I passed none the less. It's great to get that boring exam out of the way just before it's retired, i'm in the US so this is the last day it's offered, in my area at least.

I got lucky, the exam I took was pretty simple, I will never recommend that anybody else try to take this exam without thoroughly learning the material unless you've got a lot of experience and feel you're ready based off of practice exams. Good luck to everybody who tries the next A+ exams and thanks for the support/material.
    Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence. -Dawkins

2010 Path

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :)

BTW - since you live in the US today was not the last day of the exam, but you have completed it so good for you! :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • gameprogamepro Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Sir! Seems like you knew more than 60% after all!

Looks like Plantwiz gave you good advice to go for it! Now it's behind you. icon_wink.gif
    Plantwiz wrote:
    Congratulations :)

BTW - since you live in the US today was not the last day of the exam, but you have completed it so good for you! :)

That's why I said 'in my area'. All of the testing centers near me have stopped offering the exam. The tech college stopped on the 23rd, the testing center I used isn't offering it after today.

2010 Path

• bdalenbdalen Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats,
    I have to take my test next week, because I failed it last week when I took the OS with the hardware test on the same day. I did not know that you had to pay for the re-test also. I will never do that again, I knew going in that I did not know enough about the OS to pass, but I thought I could just take it over again without paying again. Wow do I feel dumb.. At least you are through it now, and can go on to better things. Good luck.

Bob
    I have to take my test next week

Your profile says that you are A+ certified, am I confusing something here?

2010 Path

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Nice job!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
    janmike wrote:
    Congrats on the pass!

I see that you have both Network+ and A+ certifications. In your opinion, which test was more difficult to pass? How much work does it take to know what is needed for Network+? I haven't decided if I want to pursue this certification or not. Thanks.
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Tricon7 wrote:
    janmike wrote:
    Congrats on the pass!

I see that you have both Network+ and A+ certifications. In your opinion, which test was more difficult to pass? How much work does it take to know what is needed for Network+? I haven't decided if I want to pursue this certification or not. Thanks.

I'm not Janmike, but I'll give you my opinion.

Network+ was much easier by far (IMO). I had some network experience at the time, but my test was really just about cables, OSI model, protocols, ect...

To me, A+ was a harder test.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!